Hi, I’m Irwin! I’ve been a software sales leader for startups like Okta as well as large corporations like BMC and Cisco. Now, I work as an industry mentor to help people land great jobs in sales through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of Vendition.
- What does Vendition do?
- Who is Vendition for?
- What does Vendition cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Vendition
- Alternatives to Vendition
- How does Vendition compare to Pathrise?
What does Vendition do?
Vendition offers a 3-month sales for tech development apprenticeship. People can choose between positions in San Francisco and New York City, as well as other locations. The program is free and participants receive a $7,500 stipend upon successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Before applying for the program, prospective apprentices should enroll in their free, online 1-week sales bootcamp. The curriculum is self-paced. It includes online sales training, sales assignments and assessments, personalized 1-on-1 coaching sessions, online office hours, job application training, and interview preparation. Students work through 5 video lectures, which are accompanied by multiple choice quizzes, additional readings, and follow-up homework assignments.
The apprenticeship program pairs each participant with tech companies such as Snapdocs, Iterable, BentoBox, and Bevy. Students get real world on-the-job experience with professional training. Working full-time, they focus on mastering skills such as using common sales modules (Salesforce, ICP, and Buyer Personas), cold calling, sales metrics, time management, and social selling. Participants are guaranteed a job with a hiring partner company if they complete the program. However, they are also welcome to seek work elsewhere.
Who is Vendition for?
People with little or no experience in tech or software sales who are looking to launch a career in sales for tech could benefit from the Vendition sales development apprenticeship program. The program is designed for recent graduates with no work experience. Established sales professionals looking to break into tech can also find success.
What does Vendition cost? How much work is involved?
Vendition is an apprenticeship in which participants receive $7,500 for participating in the 3-month program. Apprentices do not pay tuition.
To apply, candidates complete a brief online application, which includes their LinkedIn profile, resume, and a short cover letter. After submitting their application, candidates speak with a career advisor. They then meet with the relationship manager, who pairs them with their apprenticeship company.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, there are not too many online reviews of Vendition. However, most reviews of Vendition are positive. Yelp reviewers, for instance, felt that the apprenticeship and bootcamp were helpful for launching a new career in sales for tech. As one reviewer observed, “Having just completed my Inside Sales Bootcamp curriculum, I can see how invaluable this experience is for both new professionals and mid-career transitioners like myself. I learned details about the sales process both for the purpose of job searching and working as an SDR, that would have taken me years to learn otherwise.”
Alternatives to Vendition
If you decide not to participate in Vendition, there are a number of alternative bootcamps.
- Flockjay is an online program that offers hands-on training for people looking to land a job in sales for tech. Students can defer payment until after they get a job through their income share agreement (ISA). Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- Similarly, Prehired is sales bootcamp that prepares students for a career in software sales by teaching the basics. They also have an ISA option.
- SV Academy and Always Hired are free sales bootcamps that pair students with partner companies. However, students will have to pay tuition if they do not work at a hiring partner.
- Another option is Aspireship, which is free. This online sales bootcamp has courses for people interested in becoming an account executive at a SaaS company.
- A tech bootcamp with full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses in a variety of topics, General Assembly is a good option for people looking to learn the basics and get a great job. Learn more about General Assembly
- Similarly, GrowthX Academy has courses for people who are interested in sales as well as other topics. Read more about GrowthX Academy in our review of the program.
- edX is one of the most popular online learning platforms. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- With free and paid options, Coursera is an online learning platform with courses that cover inbound sales techniques, including researching prospective clients.
- Similarly, Udemy offers a free “break into software sales” course, which prepares students for entry-level software sales interviews.
- An online resource, Skillshare has free and paid courses in tech entrepreneurship and sales.
How does Vendition compare to Pathrise?
Vendition is an apprenticeship program that pairs participants with a tech company, where they receive 1-on-1 mentorship, on-the-job sales experience, and a full-time offer upon successfully completing the program.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people land the best job possible through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Our mentors have experience on both sides of the hiring table and work with fellows on each step of their job search, including resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, behavioral & technical interview preparation, salary negotiation, cold emailing & reverse recruiting strategies, and more. We personalize our curriculum to match each fellow’s specific needs and teach them lifelong skills that they can use throughout their careers.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps people land their dream job in tech through 1-on-1 mentorship. If you are interested in working with a mentor to get help with your job search, join Pathrise.