Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics and large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise. I help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp.
- What does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp do?
- Who is TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp for?
- What does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp cost?
- Ratings and reviews of TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp
- Alternatives to TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp
- How does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp compare to Pathrise?
What does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp do?
TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp is a new online sales resource that helps women learn the skills they need to land entry level sales jobs or advance their sales careers. Cohorts are small, usually consisting of only 16 students. On average, 80% of grads land a job within 30 days.
Their intensive online sales bootcamp meets for 5 days, usually from 9am to 6pm EST. Students participate in live lectures, group activities, hands-on exercises, and more. Since the bootcamp’s parent company TalentMinded is a talent acquisition firm, students meet with 12+ hiring partners by the end of the 5-day program. In addition, after the program, grads retain access to an active community of alumni, 40+ coaches, mentors, and sales leaders.
Students develop a deep understanding of end-to-end B2B SaaS tech sales over just 5 days. The curriculum covers value propositions, lead generation, lead management, and prospecting. Students also learn advanced skills like how to make executive sales calls, handle objections, and close deals.
The program includes career services. All students participate in job search workshops as they prepare to ace interviews. The course culminates in an interview day where students meet virtually with hiring partners. Since students connect with 12+ companies, interviews can be quite short and fast-paced. Mentors continue to meet with grads for 2 hours after the bootcamp for career support, interview prep, networking, and job search planning.
Who is TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp for?
Women who want to launch their sales careers or prepare for a new sales role could benefit from TalentMinded’s virtual sales bootcamp. The program is especially helpful for women seeking online training with extensive career services. Women with full-time jobs who want a short bootcamp with 1-on-1 support could also be a good fit for the bootcamp.
What does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the virtual bootcamp is about $115. Scholarships are available for students who can’t afford to pay upfront.
The application process begins with an online form, in which candidates answer questions and submit a resume. Then, they move on to a final behavioral interview. However, since bootcamps only run a few times per year with very small class sizes, admissions can be competitive.
Ratings and reviews
As a new bootcamp, TalentMinded Tech Sales Bootcamp does not have too many online reviews. However, they were praised in a BetaKit article and a Tech Talent Canada announcement. Similarly, sales influencer Marie Weise’s blog listed the program as a good bootcamp for increasing diversity in sales teams. The bootcamp also hosts positive testimonials on their own website and their blog.
Alternatives to TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp
If you choose not to enroll in a TalentMinded bootcamp, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you launch your career in sales.
- Students seeking a short online sales bootcamp can check out Flockjay. Their 10-week program teaches people the skills they need to launch a career in B2B software sales, with lots of personalized feedback. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so students don’t pay until they land a job. Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- Another fairly short remote program is Uvaro. This 12-week bootcamp helps students launch a career in tech sales. Starting at week 4, students can take part in their internship program to put their new sales skills to use as they learn.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers courses in sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing. Likewise, School16 teaches marketing, product management, and sales.
- Another immersive tech bootcamp is Tradecraft. They offer courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup.
- People seeking real work experience can look into Vendition. This tech sales program helps students land an entry-level account executive position. They offer an “apprenticeship” program that finds students a tech sales job first then trains them for it, offsetting tuition costs.
- Similarly, SV Academy and Always Hired are sales bootcamps that pair students with companies so they don’t have to pay tuition. However, students who pay upfront do not have to work for a partner company.
- In the same vein, students at Fuel Sales Academy work while learning and actually get paid during the program.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- You can also consider TechPoint Sales Bootcamp, which has short internship opportunities throughout the course.
- Similarly, Software Sales Gurus offers online courses for aspiring salespeople.
- Like TalentMinded Tech Sales Bootcamp, Prehired is a flexible remote program that helps people launch a career in software sales. If grads don’t land a job after 12 months, they get a full refund.
- Aspiring salespeople on a tight budget can check out Aspireship. Their free bootcamp helps people become account executives at SaaS companies. Like TalentMinded Tech Sales Bootcamp, the program is remote and flexible.
- Another low-cost online program is Udemy. They host over 100,000 self-paced courses in tech sales, digital marketing, and other sales related topics. Their courses consist mostly of recorded video lectures and only cost about $10 each. Students get lifetime access to each course they buy.
- The online learning platform Udacity offers both free and paid courses on a wide variety of tech subjects, including business analytics, digital marketing, and growth product management. Like TalentMinded Tech Sales Bootcamp, their program is remote and offers mentoring opportunities. Students in “nanodegree” programs work 1-on-1 with both a technical mentor and a career coach as they build portfolio projects. Learn more about Udacity in our review.
- Students who want to take university courses can check out Coursera. Their platform offers both free and paid sales courses taught by professors from accredited universities
- Similarly, edX hosts both free and paid online courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Find out if edX is right for your career goals in our review.
How does TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp compare to Pathrise?
TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp is a virtual training course that helps women launch their sales careers. While the short bootcamp includes career services and even interview opportunities with top hiring partners, their program does not help students through the job search. Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people with all phases of their job search. Fellows in our program work 1-on-1 with experienced mentors to optimize their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, find recruiters, send cold emails, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more.
Our program is flexible and available as long as needed. Fellows only have 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and can 1-on-1s when convenient. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working. We never require upfront payments or deposits.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that has helped 1,000+ students and professionals land great tech sales jobs. With our tips and guidance, fellows have seen their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.