Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics as well as large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise to help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of JBarrows Sales.
- What does JBarrows Sales do?
- Who is JBarrows Sales for?
- What does JBarrows Sales cost?
- Ratings and reviews of JBarrows Sales
- Alternatives to JBarrows Sales
- How does JBarrows Sales compare to Pathrise?
What does JBarrows Sales do?
JBarrows Sales is an online sales community with self-paced courses for sales professionals. Their program teaches people the skills they need to land entry level sales jobs and grow their careers. In addition to pre-recorded video courses, members get access to community Q&A sessions and live events.
They offer full-length sales courses as well as dozens of short “sales tip” courses on topics like prospecting, discovery, meeting, and closing. Courses take on a masterclass format, consisting of many pre-recorded video lectures from one experienced instructor. Courses are mainly lectures, though some include exercises. Graduates get certifications they can add to their resumes and Linkedin profiles. While only paying members have access to the full courses, they offer free webinars, podcasts, and a 5 video “back to school” course on core sales skills like confidence, qualification calls, summary emails, and understanding demand.
Four full-length courses are available on personal branding, closing, sales funnels, and expanding sales pipelines with qualified deals. They also plan to release a fifth “social selling” course that will cover prospecting with Linkedin. Students who take their “personal branding” course learn to build a unique value proposition, which helps increase their sales numbers and advance their careers. The course consists of 8 short video lessons that take less than 1 hour total.
Their “N.E.A.T selling” course teaches students how to find qualified deals for their pipeline and increase revenue. Students learn about buyer psychology, communication, surface pains vs. core pains, email skills, and how to ask the right questions. The curriculum includes 18 recorded lectures and video demos. Completing this course also takes about 1 hour.
Another one of their four full-length courses is the sales funnel course, which teaches people to build bigger sales pipelines by setting up more meetings over calls, emails, and social media. The 15 video curriculum covers soft skills like goal setting, as well as more practical funnel skills like creating customer profiles, writing funnel emails, research, and contact strategy implementation. Over 1 hour of video lectures is included. Students also get real sales funnel templates to study and use themselves.
The final full course is “driving to close.” This 8 lectures series on closing teaches students to maintain urgency, handle objections, and negotiate to close deals. The course includes a template and guide students can use to help them close more effectively. Students can complete this course in under 1 hour.
While members get access to live weekly Q&A’s, sales video courses, and even networking events, they don’t get any formal job support. The program boosts members’ careers by teaching them new skills, not by offering help with the job search.
Who is JBarrows Sales for?
Salespeople who want to accelerate their career or brush up on their skills could benefit from JBarrows Sales training. The program is especially helpful for people seeking a relaxed, self-paced learning experience.
What does JBarrows Sales cost? How much work is involved?
Membership costs $399 per year and includes all courses, events, livecasts, and a weekly Q&A. Some podcasts, brief video lectures, and even webinars are available for free.
Unlike many other training programs, JBarrows Sales does not have any formal admissions process. Their courses and community are open to everyone.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, JBarrows Sales does not have too many reviews. However, so far the reception has been positive. They were listed among Built In’s 20 top sales training programs and courses to know. The training was included on both Responsive Inbound Marketing and Negotiation’s list of best sales courses.
Their courses hold 5/5 stars on G2, where grads praise the in-depth video courses and the flexible learning experience. One grad “loved how well the sessions and content were timed” and felt their courses were managed well. Another member liked that the courses were practical, appreciating that the “real-time examples” were from the instructor’s “own business.” Similarly, another student also valued the “real world examples” and felt the instructors made the messages motivational and impactful. However, some members had wished there was more material with longer courses. Other members felt the courses could be more focused, with a grad disappointed that “the content was not specifically related to my field.”
Alternatives to JBarrows Sales
If you choose not to enroll in a JBarrows Sales program, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you start a career in tech sales.
- Another online bootcamp, GrowthX Academy offers courses in sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing. Likewise, School16 teaches marketing, sales, and product management.
- Students seeking flexible courses can look into Prehired. They offer a remote, self-paced course to help students launch a career in software sales.
- Tradecraft is a tech bootcamp and immersion program that offers courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup.
- You can also consider TechPoint Sales Bootcamp, which has short internship opportunities throughout the course.
- The online sales bootcamp Flockjay teaches people the skills they need to launch a career in B2B software sales. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so the program is free until the student is hired. Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- People seeking a remote program can also look into Uvaro, a bootcamp that helps students launch a career in tech sales.
- The free sales bootcamp Aspireship offers courses for people interested in becoming an account executive at a SaaS company. Like JBarrows, the program is remote and includes self-paced learning.
- Another very practical program is Vendition. They teach sales skills to students looking to find an entry-level account executive position at a SaaS company. Vendition offers an “apprenticeship” program to help find students a tech sales job first then trains them for it, offsetting the cost of tuition.
- You can also check out The Brooks Group, which teaches online courses and workshops on a variety of sales topics.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- Similarly, Software Sales Gurus offers online courses for aspiring salespeople.
- Another sales bootcamp option is Headstart Academy, which is online and self-paced. They also give a job guarantee to students.
- Women who want to learn sales skills quickly can check out TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp, which lasts 5 days.
- The sales bootcamps SV Academy and Always Hired also pair students with companies so they don’t have to pay tuition. Students who pay upfront, however, are not required to work for a partner company.
- In the same vein, students at Fuel Sales Academy work while learning and actually get paid during the program.
- Similarly, SalesWise Academy is an online sales resource that offers sales training via podcasts, coaching, and live events to help people launch their sales careers.
- Current and aspiring sales professionals can check out Winning by Design or Richardson Sales Performance, which teach courses for beginners and managers.
- The popular educational platform Coursera offers both free and paid sales courses taught by professors at accredited universities.
- Students interested in online courses can also look into edX. They host online courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- For people interested in self-paced learning, Skillshare offers remote courses on tech entrepreneurship and sales, with free and paid options.
- Another remote and self-paced program, Udemy hosts 100,000+ courses in tech sales, digital marketing, software engineering, and more. Like JBarrows, their courses take on a video lecture format. Classes only cost about $10 each.
- The online learning platform Udacity offers courses on a variety of tech subjects, including business analytics, digital marketing, and growth product management. Like JBarrows, much of their program is remote and self-paced with recorded lectures. Read more about Udacity in our review.
How does JBarrows Sales compare to Pathrise?
JBarrows Sales offers a community and training courses to help salespeople launch and accelerate their careers. While they teach job search skills and host Q&A’s with sales industry experts, their program does not include career services. Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people with all phases of their job search. Fellows in our program work with their mentors to optimize their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, find recruiters, send cold emails, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more.
JBarrows offers pre-recorded courses from industry experts and professionals. At Pathrise, fellows work 1-on-1 with an experienced industry mentor on technical topics to prepare them for their interviews.
Our schedule is flexible. There are only 4 hours of group sessions per week and fellows schedule 1-on-1s when needed. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working. Fellows in our program see their application responses triple, landing jobs in only 3-5 months on average.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students and professionals land their dream job through 1-on-1 mentoring. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.