Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics and large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise. I help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of Fuel Sales Academy.
- What does Fuel Sales Academy do?
- Who is Fuel Sales Academy for?
- What does Fuel Sales Academy cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Fuel Sales Academy
- Alternatives to Fuel Sales Academy
- How does Fuel Sales Academy compare to Pathrise?
What does Fuel Sales Academy do?
Fuel Sales Academy is a new online sales resource that helps people learn the skills they need to advance their B2B sales careers. Their paid training helps students transition into new sales roles as they work on real sales projects for Fuel Sales Academy’s corporate partners.
Before starting the flagship paid training, students complete the free 2-hour “Sales Development Foundations” course to get a taste of the program. The curriculum covers the basics of B2B sales as well as on-the-job experiences students can expect after graduating.
Students then move on to the full “Sales Development Accelerator” which lasts about 8 weeks. Students get paid an hourly wage plus commission as they work on real sales for a corporate partner, attend daily group meetings, and participate in weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions. The technical curriculum covers in-demand sales tools like Outreach.io, SalesLoft, Salesforce, Hubspot, Pipedrive, and Zoho. Meanwhile, talent managers help students with resume development, interviewing skills, and placement opportunities. Students graduate when they hit specific sales metrics over a 4-week period working on real sales projects for a partner company.
Who is Fuel Sales Academy for?
People who want to launch or accelerate their sales careers could benefit from Fuel Sales Academy. The program is especially helpful for people seeking paid training with real SDR work for clients. The flexible program could be good for students with other commitments.
What does Fuel Sales Academy cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition is completely free. Students who complete the “foundations” course get paid an hourly wage throughout the flagship accelerator program.
The application process begins with a brief online form. Successful candidates move on to a final behavioral interview. Since students are expected to work as SDRs and even get paid to learn, admissions can be fairly competitive.
Ratings and reviews
As a new bootcamp, Fuel Sales Academy does not have too many online reviews. However, so far the reception has been positive. They hold a perfect 5 star rating on Course Report based on only 6 reviews. One grad appreciated that the bootcamp empowered students to work while learning so that “they pay YOU to learn!” She also raved about the mentors who “support you every step of the way” and connect students with “amazing companies” in the program’s hiring network. Another student agreed that “support is always available”, including job support that “let us know about job opportunities.” One recent grad described the program as “hands on” with lots of “real life experience” The paid sales work was also a big hit, with students satisfied that they “get sales development representative training while earning money.”
Alternatives to Fuel Sales Academy
If you choose not to enroll in a Fuel Sales Academy bootcamp, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you launch your career in sales.
- Like Fuel Sales Academy, the 12-week sales bootcamp Uvaro gives students the opportunity to take on real client work. Starting at week 4, students can join their internship program to put their new sales skills to use for real clients as they continue to learn new skills from the bootcamp.
- Students seeking a short online sales bootcamp can check out Flockjay. Their 10-week program teaches people the skills they need to launch a career in B2B software sales, with lots of personalized feedback. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so students don’t pay until they land a job. Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers courses in sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing. Their program is self-paced and includes 1-on-1 mentoring opportunities.
- Another immersive tech bootcamp is Tradecraft. They offer courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup.
- People seeking real work experience can look into Vendition. This tech sales program helps students land an entry-level account executive position. They offer an “apprenticeship” program that finds students a tech sales job first then trains them for it, offsetting tuition costs.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- Similarly, Software Sales Gurus offers online courses for aspiring salespeople.
- Similarly, SV Academy and Always Hired are sales bootcamps that pair students with companies so they don’t have to pay tuition. However, students who pay upfront do not have to work for a partner company.
- Like Fuel Sales Academy, Prehired is a flexible remote program that helps people launch a career in software sales. If grads don’t land a job after 12 months, they get a full refund.
- Aspiring salespeople on a tight budget can check out Aspireship. Their free bootcamp helps people become account executives at SaaS companies.
- Another low-cost online program is Udemy. They host over 100,000 self-paced courses in tech sales, digital marketing, and other sales related topics. Their courses consist mostly of recorded video lectures and only cost about $10 each. Students get lifetime access to each course they buy.
- The online learning platform Udacity offers both free and paid courses on a wide variety of tech subjects, including business analytics, digital marketing, and growth product management. Students in “nanodegree” programs work 1-on-1 with both a technical mentor and a career coach as they build portfolio projects. Learn more about Udacity in our review.
- Students seeking university courses can check out Coursera. Their platform offers both free and paid sales courses taught by professors from accredited universities
- Similarly, edX hosts both free and paid online courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Find out if edX is right for your career goals in our review.
- People who want to build and sell software products without learning to code can check out Bubble no-code bootcamps. Learn more about how Bubble can help people break into the tech industry without coding in our review.
How does Fuel Sales Academy compare to Pathrise?
Fuel Sales Academy is a paid training course that helps people launch and accelerate their sales careers. While the short bootcamp includes career services and real job experience, their program does not continue to help students through the job search. Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people with all phases of their job search. Fellows in our program work 1-on-1 with experienced mentors to optimize their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, find recruiters, send cold emails, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more. On average, fellows land a tech job in just 3-5 months.
While Fuel Sales Academy includes extensive career services and intensive work experience, the program only lasts about 8 weeks. Our program is flexible and available as long as needed. Fellows only have 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and can 1-on-1s when convenient. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working. We never require upfront payments or deposits.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that has helped 1,000+ students and professionals land great tech jobs. With our tips and guidance, fellows have seen their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.