Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am the marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of Bootcamp Digital.
- What does Bootcamp Digital do?
- Who is Bootcamp Digital for?
- What does Bootcamp Digital cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Bootcamp Digital
- Alternatives to Bootcamp Digital
- How does Bootcamp Digital compare to Pathrise?
What does Bootcamp Digital do?
Bootcamp Digital is a digital marketing bootcamp with in-person and online courses. Students can learn about social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), paid advertising, content and email marketing, sales funnels, Google Analytics, personal branding, and more.
Online certification courses feature over 40 hours of content and hundreds of video lectures. Students can review the course at their own pace for one year. They also get access to weekly mentoring and Q&A sessions. Individual online courses are more specific and they take less time. Therefore, they do not come with an industry certificate. These courses last 4+ hours and include 40+ training videos. Students in the online courses learn through video lectures, hands-on exercises, real-life case studies, and live demos.
Live in-person courses last about 4 days. Their live training is intense and fast paced. Therefore, students can earn an accredited marketing certificate in under 1 week. Students learn through hands-on exercises, lectures, demos, and more. Live workshops allow only 25 people per class. This helps students get an intimate experience with personalized support. While live training is currently remote due to Covid, Bootcamp Digital plans to resume teaching in major cities like Chicago, Cincinnati, San Francisco, and Miami in 2021.
Both online and live in-person courses include some job support. Graduates learn skills, receive downloadable templates, and get certifications to help them launch their careers. Students who join monthly with an all-access pass meet 1-on-1 with a mentor every week and participate in career Q&As. They also get access to a private Facebook group for networking as well as exclusive interviews and case studies. Students can also get 1-on-1 mentoring separately for $397 a session.
Who is Bootcamp Digital for?
Students who are new to digital marketing, as well as those with some experience, can benefit from Bootcamp Digital courses. Their program can be especially helpful for people seeking official marketing certifications with self-paced learning opportunities.
What does Bootcamp Digital cost? How much work is involved?
While individual training courses range from $97-$397, students can pay $97 per month to get access to every training course available. However, certification programs must be purchased individually. These cost $997 each. There is no formal admission process. In addition, no prior marketing experience is necessary.
Ratings and reviews
Bootcamp Digital has mostly positive reviews. They hold perfect 5 star ratings on both Switchup and Facebook, where their graduates rave about the practical and passionate instruction. One reviewer on Switchup “loved that the course was so hands-on”. She was impressed that she “walked away with a to-do list that I could actually start working on immediately.”
The program has a 4.8/5 rating on Trustpilot. Here, grads praised the comprehensive curriculum and practical marketing content. One person “loved that the videos are created in smaller chunks”. They described the program as “a really good learning experience.” Another graduate appreciated that “topics have been pretty thorough” and “covered clearly.” However, she remarked that she would have “liked to see maybe more info on the social media strategy section” with “more examples.” Another student said the bootcamp had “great content” but warned that the pacing was “just a little bit too rushed for me.”
Alternatives to Bootcamp Digital
If you are looking for alternative courses and resources to learn digital marketing, check out the following list.
- The popular bootcamp General Assembly offers in-person and online options for students interested in digital marketing, as well as software engineering, UX design, and other tech subjects. Students in the product track learn the fundamentals of product management, working with real tools they will use on the job. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Another online bootcamp is GrowthX Academy. They have courses for people who are interested in growth marketing, UX design, sales, product management and business development. Their program is self-paced with 1-on-1 mentoring opportunities. Read more about GrowthX Academy in our review of their program.
- Similarly, NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp has 2 online courses in digital marketing and other topics.
- The online learning platform Simplilearn offers a paid digital marketing specialist master’s program, as well as other technical courses. This master’s program covers topics like pay per click (PPC), web analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), content and social media marketing, and more.
- UC Berkeley Bootcamp and UC Irvine Bootcamps have digital marketing, web dev, and data courses with both online and in-person options.
- Aspiring digital marketers can also check out ClickMinded, an online bootcamp with offerings in SEO, paid advertising, content, email, and social media marketing, sales funnels, Google Analytics, and SOP library. Their introductory courses are free to give students a taste of the full marketing programs.
- Another tech bootcamp with in-person and online options, Noble Desktop has courses in SEO, Google Analytics, social media, and other digital marketing topics.
- HubSpot Academy is an online digital marketing program with free certificate courses that teach inbound marketing, content marketing, growth-driven design, email marketing, social media marketing, and more.
- Similarly, Pluralsight, Digital Creative Institute, Somerville Academy, DeltaV Code School, and InternStreet offer tracks in digital marketing.
- Another affordable program with self-paced learning, Coursera hosts low-cost digital marketing courses taught by professors at accredited universities. Like Bootcamp Digital they provide graduates with certificates to prove their skills to employers.
- edX is another popular online learning platform with university courses. Their self-paced courses come from top schools like Harvard and MIT, and even big tech companies like Microsoft. Students can choose to learn the fundamentals or dive deeper into specific topics, like digital marketing. Learn more about edX in our review.
- Similarly, Udacity is an online learning platform with free and paid resources for people who are new to digital marketing. Students build polished work on projects for their resumes and work with both technical and career mentors. Learn more about Udacity in our review.
How does Bootcamp Digital compare to Pathrise?
Bootcamp Digital is a bootcamp for people trying to launch a career in digital marketing. While they provide certificates and teach marketing skills that can help students land a job, they do not actively help with the job search.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps fellows with every component of the job search. Fellows receive 1-on-1 help every step of the way, working with mentors on resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, technical and behavioral interview skills, and much more.
Our program is flexible. There are only only 4 hours of group sessions per week and fellows can schedule 1-on-1 sessions as needed. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) is 9% of their first year’s salary and we never require upfront payments or deposits..
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works 1-on-1 with students and professionals so they can land their dream job in tech. If you are interested in optimizing your job search by working with an experienced mentor, join Pathrise.