Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics and large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise. I help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of Headstart Academy.
- What does Headstart Academy do?
- Who is Headstart Academy for?
- What does Headstart Academy cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Headstart Academy
- Alternatives to Headstart Academy
- How does Headstart Academy compare to Pathrise?
What does Headstart Academy do?
Headstart Academy is an online bootcamp that helps people launch a new career in tech sales. The program is entirely remote and self-paced. There is also a job guarantee for students.
Students get lifetime access to 67 recorded videos, 8 downloadable guides, and an active alumni community. The entire curriculum includes about 6 hours of recorded video content. In addition to watching recorded lectures, students work on projects for real sales companies, complete on group challenges, and participate in lots of 1-on-1 coaching sessions.
The flagship bootcamp is self-paced but most students finish in 6 to 12 weeks. First, students learn the sales fundamentals such as funnels, pipelines, and sales industry standards. The course then pairs students with real tech companies as they general leads, send sales emails, make sales calls, utilize social selling, and qualify their leads. Next, students work on closing as they learn to conduct demos, overcome objections, and close deals.
The final stage of bootcamp focuses on the job search. Students optimize their digital profiles, participate in mock interviews, and develop a clear career action plan as they continue to work 1-on-1 with coaches. During the job search, grads get access to hiring partners such as Hubspot and receive continued 1-on-1 support. If grads don’t land a job after 6 months, they get a full refund.
Who is Headstart Academy for?
People who want to launch a career in tech sales could benefit from Headstart Academy’s bootcamp. The program is especially helpful for people seeking a flexible remote course with lots of 1-on-1 mentoring. People looking to keep their full-time job while learning might also be a good fit..
What does Headstart Academy cost? How much work is involved?
There are a few options for HeadStart Academy students. They can choose to pay $5,000 upfront or defer payments until after they land a job. If they choose the latter, the tuition is $6,555 paid in 12 monthly installments. This option includes a $600 upfront deposit. Students who pay upfront but do not land a job within 6 months get a full refund.
The admissions process begins with completing a brief online form. Applicants then have a 30-minute informal screening call. Successful candidates move on to a final online assessment of their core sales skills. However, no prior sales experience is required for the assessment or the course.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new bootcamp, Headstart Academy does not have too many online reviews. However, they were included in Course Report’s April 2021 bootcamp news podcast. The bootcamp also hosts positive testimonials on their own website.
Alternatives to Headstart Academy
If you choose not to enroll in a Headstart Academy course, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you launch a career in sales.
- Students seeking deferred payment options can look into Flockjay. Their 10-week program teaches people the skills they need to launch a career in B2B software sales, with lots of personalized feedback. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so students don’t pay until they land a sales job. Read more about Flockjay in our review.
- The 12-week sales bootcamp Uvaro also gives students the opportunity for real client work. Starting at week 4, students can join their internship program to put their new sales skills to use as they learn.
- Another sales program that offers real work experience is Vendition. Their bootcamp helps students land an entry-level account executive position.
- Similarly, the bootcamps Always Hired and SV Academy both pair students with companies so they don’t have to pay tuition. However, students can pay upfront if they prefer not to work for a partner company.
- In the same vein, students at Fuel Sales Academy work while learning and actually get paid during the program.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- You can also consider TechPoint Sales Bootcamp, which has short internship opportunities throughout the course.
- People looking for a low-cost flexible program can check out Aspireship. Their free bootcamp helps people become account executives at SaaS companies. Like Headstart Academy, the program is remote and largely self-paced.
- A more intensive tech bootcamp is Tradecraft. They offer courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more.
- Similarly, Software Sales Gurus offers online courses for aspiring salespeople.
- Women who want to learn sales skills quickly can check out TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp, which lasts 5 days.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers courses in sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing. Their SaaS program is self-paced with 1-on-1 mentoring opportunities, just like Headstart Academy. Likewise, School16 teaches marketing, sales, and product management.
- Another remote and self-paced program is Prehired. Their course helps people launch a career in software sales through live training, 1-on-1 mentoring, and an active community. They offer a job guarantee like Headstart Academy, so if grads don’t land a job after 12 months, they get a full refund.
- Students seeking low-cost courses can also look into Udemy. Their platform hosts over 100,000 self-paced courses in tech sales, digital marketing, and more. Their courses consist mostly of recorded video lectures that are comparable to Headstart Academy’s podcasts. Classes only cost about $10 each and come with lifetime access.
- People interested in university courses can check out edX. Their online platform hosts courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- Similarly, Coursera offers thousands of free and paid courses on topics like sales taught by professors at accredited universities.
- The online learning platform Udacity offers both free and paid courses on a wide variety of tech topics, including business analytics, digital marketing, and growth product management. Students in “nanodegree” programs work closely with both a technical mentor and a career coach as they build portfolio projects. Find out if Udacity is right for your career goals in our review.
How does Headstart Academy compare to Pathrise?
Headstart Academy is a bootcamp that helps people start their careers in sales. In addition to preparing students for interviews, they offer career services and support for the first 6 months of job search. Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people with each step of their job search. Fellows in our program work 1-on-1 with experienced mentors to optimize their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, find recruiters, send cold emails, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more. Our mentors have already helped 1,000+ people land great tech jobs, usually in just 3-5 months.
Like Headstart Academy, the Pathrise program is flexible. Fellows in our program only have 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and 1-on-1s that can be scheduled as needed. Also like Headstart Academy, Pathrise offers an income share agreement (ISA) so fellows don’t pay until they land a tech job. However, we never require any upfront payments or deposits.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students and professionals land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, fellows in our program have seen their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with any one of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.