Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics as well as large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise to help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of SalesWise Academy.
- What does SalesWise Academy do?
- Who is SalesWise Academy for?
- What does SalesWise Academy cost?
- Ratings and reviews of SalesWise Academy
- Alternatives to SalesWise Academy
- How does SalesWise Academy compare to Pathrise?
What does SalesWise Academy do?
SalesWise Academy is an online sales resource that offers sales training via podcasts, coaching, and live events to help people launch their sales careers. They have 3 different membership levels available to individual B2B salespeople and their teams.
Their bronze membership is for individual sales reps who want to accelerate their careers. Bronze members get access to bi-weekly training podcasts that cover both technical and professional sales skills. Podcasts usually last about 10 minutes and come with a customizable worksheet so members can apply what they learn right away. These podcast courses teach members to identify customer needs, build customer relationships, present effectively to technical partners, and close win-win deals.
The silver membership includes the bi-weekly podcast training as well as a supplemental workbook for extra practice. Sales leaders get a guide to help them apply the bi-weekly podcasts to sales meetings. They also get access to additional monthly leadership podcasts to help develop their coaching and leadership skills. A quarterly 60-minute sales leadership peer call is also available for networking and practice with other sales leaders. While this silver membership is open to anyone, it may be a better fit for sales managers or leaders who can share the program with their team.
Gold memberships are designed for team training. It includes all the content in the bronze and silver membership, with over 11.5 hours of Zoom coaching sessions with SaleWise Academy’s founder to develop their team’s values, purpose, and culture-building strategies.
Who is SalesWise Academy for?
Current B2B salespeople who want to grow their careers or prep for a new role could benefit from SalesWise Academy’s podcast training. The program is especially helpful for people seeking low-cost flexible learning. People who want a casual training program they can use while working a full-time job could also be a good fit for the program.
What does SalesWise Academy cost? How much work is involved?
The bronze membership costs $69 per month. Silver and gold memberships cost $99 per month for individual sales reps or team members. However, sales leaders pay $149 monthly for the silver membership and $499 monthly for the gold membership. If members aren’t satisfied after 6 months, they get a full refund. A free demo is also available.
There is no formal admissions process. Although the training program is designed for current salespeople, anyone can sign up for the bronze membership and start listening to their podcast.
Ratings and reviews
While SalesWise Academy does not have many online reviews, they were listed among Built In’s top 20 sales training programs and courses to know. They’re also active on both Twitter and Facebook, where they host positive testimonials. They list positive reviews on their own site as well.
Alternatives to SalesWise Academy
If you choose not to enroll in a SalesWise Academy course, there are a number of alternative resources and courses that can help you launch your career in sales.
- Students seeking deferred payment options can look into Flockjay. Their 10-week program teaches people the skills they need to launch a career in B2B software sales, with lots of personalized feedback. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so students don’t pay until they land a sales job. Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers courses in sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing. Likewise, School16 and GreenFig teach marketing, sales, and product management.
- People seeking a low-cost flexible program can check out Aspireship. Their free bootcamp helps people become account executives at SaaS companies.
- You can also consider TechPoint Sales Bootcamp, which has short internship opportunities throughout the course.
- A more intensive tech bootcamp is Tradecraft. They offer courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup.
- People looking for a remote program with real client work can check out Uvaro. This 12-week bootcamp helps students launch a career in tech sales. Starting at week 4, students can join their internship program to put their new sales skills to use as they learn.
- Another program that offers real work experience is Vendition. Their bootcamp teaches sales skills to students looking to find an entry-level account executive position. They offer an “apprenticeship” program that finds students a tech sales job first then trains them for it, offsetting the cost of admission.
- You can also consider The Brooks Group, which teaches online courses and workshops on a variety of sales topics.
- Similarly, Software Sales Gurus offers online courses for aspiring salespeople.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- Another sales bootcamp option is Headstart Academy, which is online and self-paced. They also give a job guarantee to students.
- Women who want to learn sales skills quickly can check out TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp, which lasts 5 days.
- Similarly, the bootcamps Always Hired and SV Academy pair students with real companies so they don’t have to pay tuition. However, students can pay upfront if they prefer not to work for a partner company.
- In the same vein, students at Fuel Sales Academy work while learning and actually get paid during the program.
- Another remote and self-paced program is Prehired. Their course helps people launch a career in software sales through live training, 1-on-1 mentoring, and an active community. If grads don’t land a job after 12 months, they get a full refund.
- Current and aspiring sales professionals can check out Winning by Design or Richardson Sales Performance, which teach courses for beginners and managers.
- Another low-cost option is Udemy. Their platform hosts 100,000+ self-paced courses in tech sales, digital marketing, and more. Their courses consist mostly of recorded video lectures that are comparable to SalesWise Academy’s podcasts.
- People who want to take university courses can check out edX. Their online platform hosts courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Read more about edX in our review.
- Similarly, Coursera offers 5,100+ free and paid courses taught by professors at accredited universities. They teach a wide variety of sales topics with formal certificates available.
- The online learning platform Udacity offers both free and paid courses on a wide variety of tech topics, including business analytics, digital marketing, and growth product management. Students in “nanodegree” programs work closely with both a technical mentor and a career coach as they build portfolio projects. Learn more about Udacity in our program review.
How does SalesWise Academy compare to Pathrise?
SalesWise Academy offers training podcasts and coaching to help salespeople launch their careers and keep their skills sharp. While they hone professional skills and give industry updates that members can apply to the job search, their program does not include career services. Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people with each step of their job search. Fellows in our program work 1-on-1 with experienced mentors to optimize their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, find recruiters, send cold emails, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more. Our mentors have already helped 1,000+ people land great tech jobs, usually in just 3-5 months.
Like SalesWise Academy, the Pathrise program is flexible. Fellows in our program only have 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and 1-on-1s that can be scheduled as needed. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working. We never require any upfront payments or deposits.
Listening to podcasts or watching sales training videos regularly can be extremely helpful for job-seekers. We encourage salespeople in our program to stay up to date on industry trends and tools by soaking up as much knowledge as they can. Low-cost podcast learning can be a great way for job-seekers to keep up with the job market and go into interviews confident. This means that people can use SalesWise Academy alongside Pathrise to further prepare for upcoming interviews.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students and professionals land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, fellows in our program have seen their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with any one of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.