Hi, I’m Alex! I’ve been working in sales for innovative startups like SoftBank Robotics as well as large corporations like NBC Universal for years. Now, I work as an industry mentor at Pathrise to help people land great sales jobs through workshops and 1-on-1 mentorship. Check out my review of Austin Sales Academy.
- What does Austin Sales Academy do?
- Who is Austin Sales Academy for?
- What does Austin Sales Academy cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Austin Sales Academy
- Alternatives to Austin Sales Academy
- How does Austin Sales Academy compare to Pathrise?
What does Austin Sales Academy do?
Austin Sales Academy is an online bootcamp that prepares students for a career in tech sales. They offer a paid, self-paced course in sales as well as a free introductory course.
Students can take the 5-week flagship sales bootcamp at their own pace. Students spend about 40 total hours on instruction and assignments. They participate in live webinars, hands-on sales assignments, assessments, and 1-on-1 live coaching sessions. The curriculum features training on CRM software, databases, social media, and sales engagement software. In addition, the program includes sales role-playing exercises and job interview practice.
The first 6 hours of their flagship bootcamp is free. Students can take this 1 week Sales Exploration Course to get a taste of tech sales and decide if they want to move forward with the paid program. The free Sales Exploration Course includes B2B tech sales education, fundamental business development concepts, career path information, sales personality tests, quizzes, a tech sales assessment, and final behavioral interview if students choose to continue with the program.
The program also includes career coaching. The final 6 hours of the bootcamp teach students networking skills, resume optimization, and interview techniques. Students also work with a mentor for personalized, 1-on-1 coaching throughout the program. This helps prepare them for the job search.
Who is Austin Sales Academy for?
People with little to no experience in tech sales but are looking to move into the field as a career could benefit from course. The program is especially helpful for those interested in learning remotely at their own pace.
What does Austin Sales Academy cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the tech sales bootcamp is $1,800. Students can pay upfront or pay monthly for up to a year. The first 6 hours of the course are free to help students decide if tech sales is right for them.
They use their free program as their admissions process. Students take the first 6 hours of the course free, including quizzes and assessments. At the end of the free program, students schedule a behavioral interview and move forward based on their performance.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, there are not many online reviews of Austin Sales Academy. In fact, there are no reviews of the program on third party sites (like CourseReport or Career Karma at all).
On their website, they have posted positive reviews.
Alternatives to Austin Sales Academy
If you choose not to enroll in Austin Sales Academy, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you start a career in tech sales.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers sales, business development, product management, UX design, and growth marketing courses.
- Tradecraft is a tech bootcamp and immersion program that offers courses in sales, product design, growth marketing, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup. Likewise, GreenFig teaches marketing and sales courses.
- The bootcamp Uvaro helps students launch a career in tech sales. Like Austin Sales Academy, Uvaro is remote and includes career assistance.
- Another option is a bootcamp called Prehired. They offer courses to help students launch a career in software sales. Alternatively, check out Victory Lap, which is a live bootcamp.
- Similarly, Flockjay is an online sales bootcamp for those looking to launch a career in B2B software sales. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so the program is free until the student is hired. Learn more about Flockjay in our review.
- The free sales bootcamp Aspireship offers courses for people interested in becoming an account executive at a SaaS company. Like Austin Sales Academy, the program is remote and self-paced.
- Another sales course that includes career assistance is Vendition. They teach sales skills to students looking to find an entry-level account executive position at a SaaS company. Vendition offers an “apprenticeship” program to help find students a tech sales job first then trains them for it.
- You can also consider TechPoint Sales Bootcamp, which has short internship opportunities throughout the course.
- Women who want to learn sales skills quickly can check out TalentMinded Women in Tech Sales Bootcamp, which lasts 5 days.
- Another sales bootcamp option is Headstart Academy, which is online and self-paced. They also give a job guarantee to students.
- Similarly, Always Hired and SV Academy are free sales bootcamps that pair students with partner companies for internships.
- In the same vein, students at Fuel Sales Academy work while learning and actually get paid during the program.
- Or, consider CourseCareers or The Brooks Group, which teach online courses and workshops on a variety of sales topics
- In addition, Re:work is a nonprofit sales training program that helps people launch careers in SaaS sales and other tech sales roles.
- Those interested in self-paced, remote learning can check out Skillshare, an online resource with free and paid courses in tech entrepreneurship and sales.
- You can also check out JBarrows Sales and Software Sales Gurus, which have online and self-paced courses.
- Likewise, SalesWise Academy is an online sales resource that offers sales training via podcasts, coaching, and live events to help people launch their sales careers.
- Merit America is a nonprofit that teaches tech sales and software engineering to people without college degrees.
- Current and aspiring sales professionals can check out Winning by Design or Richardson Sales Performance, which teach courses for beginners and managers.
- edX is one of the largest online learning platforms. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- With free and paid options, Coursera is an online learning platform with courses that cover inbound sales techniques, including researching prospective clients.
- Similarly, Udacity is an online educational platform that offers courses on a variety of tech subjects, including business analytics, data science, software engineering, and more. Read more about Udacity in our review.
How does Austin Sales Academy compare to Pathrise?
Austin Sales Academy is a bootcamp for those looking to launch a career in tech sales. While a passion for tech and sales is suggested, most students don’t have any experience at the beginning. Fellows in the Pathrise program should already have a background in their chosen field so that they get the most out of our technical curriculum.
Austin Sales Academy offers a fixed amount of mentorship time at the end of their program. Pathrise is a full service organization focused on mentoring our fellows so they can land a great job. Fellows in our program work on optimizing their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, building their portfolios, preparing for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiating salaries, and much more.
We offer a flexible program. There are only 4 hours of group sessions per week and fellows can schedule 1-on-1s as needed. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that our fellows never pay until they land a job they love and start working. Plus, we never require upfront payments.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students and professionals land their dream job through 1-on-1 mentoring. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.