- What does GrowthX Academy do?
- Who is GrowthX Academy for?
- What does GrowthX Academy cost?
- Ratings and reviews of GrowthX Academy
- Alternatives to GrowthX Academy
- How does GrowthX Academy compare to Pathrise?
What does GrowthX Academy do?
GrowthX Academy is an online bootcamp with courses in growth marketing, UX design, and sales and business development. For the sales and business development track, they offer an in-person option at San Francisco’s Galvanize campus, as well as the online option.
The growth marketing and UX design courses are self-paced and include 1-on-1 mentor check-in calls, videos, quizzes, and exercises. Instructors provide feedback on written assignments through the online learning platform. On the other hand, the sales & business program is a full-time commitment. Students enrolled in the online program login to the live classroom sessions daily and interact with instructors and mentors in real-time through the web-based conferencing platform.
Those in the growth marketing course learn about identifying target audiences, paid & organic acquisitions, analytics, partnerships, competitive strategy, conversion rate optimization, and more. Students enrolled in the UX design bootcamp focus on UX foundations, design research & structure, UI design, and more. Most students in the marketing course take 5-8 weeks to complete the curriculum, while those in the UX design course spend closer to 12-16 weeks to finish the bootcamp. For students looking to brush up on specific skills, the growth marketing track offers individual skill courses as well.
Who is GrowthX Academy for?
People with little to no experience in product design but are looking to launch careers in UX/UI design could benefit from the UX design bootcamp. The marketing course is ideal for marketers with 1-3 years of experience, software developers with serious side projects, and pre-launch founders. The sales and business development program is for those who are interested in launching a career in sales and business development in tech, especially in Silicon Valley.
What does GrowthX Academy cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the growth marketing bootcamp is either $1,700 upfront or 4 installments of $500. The growth marketing program offers individual skill courses as well. Prices range from $99-$225 per course. Topics include how to be creative, technical marketing, organic acquisition, and more. The UX design and the sales & business development bootcamps cost $1,995 and $1,700 respectively and do not offer payment plans.
Financing is available through Climb Credit and Skills Fund. Rates and repayment plans depend on an applicant’s previous credit history. GrowthX Academy also offers 1 scholarship per month to the student with the most compelling application. The scholarship covers 100% of tuition and includes additional 1-on-1 mentorship.
To enroll, students fill out a brief application, create an account, and submit their initial payment.
Ratings and reviews
GrowthX Academy generally receives positive reviews. Students on CourseReport felt like they learned a lot from the design, marketing, and sales & business development tracks. One grad said that the growth marketing bootcamp is worthwhile for “anyone looking to amp up skills in growth marketing, marketing managers, directors, VPs, and tech founders who need better marketing skills.”
Another reviewer from the UX track who transitioned from a career in real estate praised the instruction, noting that “I completed the program with a great education, confidence in my new set of skills, real client projects, a portfolio, and an updated resume.” One grad on Quora praises the UX program’s alumni network. He reports that “you’ll gain a vast network of genuinely good people, all of which have accomplished what you are looking to accomplish.”
On SwitchUp, one grad from the sales & development program found the bootcamp useful for landing a job in tech, noting that the program “provided me with great curated content in the course plan, access to an amazing network of tech sales mentors, hands-on experience working in a real startup, and assistance getting a job.” One Yelp reviewer with 2 years of tech sales experience benefited from the program as well, reporting that “I now understand more about taking a product to market than I think I would have on my own.”
Alternatives to GrowthX Academy
There are a number of alternative bootcamps and online resources that can help aspiring product designers and marketers, if they choose not to enroll in GrowthX Academy.
- One of the most well known bootcamps is General Assembly, which offers full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on a variety of topics like software engineering, data science, UX design, digital marketing, product management, and more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Aspiring designers can consider Designlab, an online bootcamp that teaches the necessary skills to land a job as a UX designer. Read more about Designlab in our review.
- Students interested in taking online self-guided or instructor-led product design courses can check out DesignerUp. Learn more about DesignerUp in our review.
- Those interested in online programs should check out Lambda School, which offers 9-month bootcamps in user design, as well as software engineering, iOS development, and data science fundamentals.
- Skillcrush, OpenClassrooms, Interaction Design Foundation, and InternStreet are also online bootcamps with tracks in UX design and web development. Gymnasium is a free resource with courses in those subjects.
- Offering in-person and online options, General Assembly and BrainStation both have tracks in UX design, digital marketing, and more.
- Similarly, Flatiron School offers online and in-person courses in UX design, as well as software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity analytics.
- If you are looking for a free online digital marketing resource, check out the short courses offered by SEMrush Academy, QuickSprout, Facebook Blueprint, or HubSpot Academy.
- HackDesign sends weekly design lessons right to your inbox for free, which can be beneficial for product designers at any stage.
- You can check out Udacity and Springboard, which are online educational platforms that students can use to brush up on the basics or advance their current tech skills. Read more about Udacity and Springboard in our reviews.
- Students can also consider Udemy, Simplilearn, Coursera, Skillshare, Pluralsight, Learn UX, and Learn@Forbes, which are online learning platform with thousands of video courses in a wide variety of topics.
- Students located in the Bay Area or looking to work in Silicon Valley can check out Tradecraft, which has tracks in product design, growth marketing, engineering, and sales.
How does GrowthX Academy compare to Pathrise?
GrowthX Academy is a bootcamp that offers courses for people who want to learn new skills in design, marketing, and sales. While the product design track is for people looking to develop the necessary skills to become a product designer from scratch, the marketing track benefits marketers with 1-3 years of experience and developers looking to launch a side project.
Fellows in the Pathrise program should already have some background in their field of interest so that they can participate fully in our workshops, which prepare students for the questions they will see in their technical interviews. Our sessions are live, as well as recorded, so fellows in our program can review past material.
Pathrise helps you land the best possible job. Our mentors have years of experience on both sides of the hiring table and fellows receive 1-on-1 support every step of the way. Pathrise focuses on technical and behavioral interviewing, as well as resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, reverse recruiting lessons, and negotiation guidance.
Our program is flexible, with only 4 hours of group sessions per week and 1-on-1 sessions that can be scheduled whenever job-seekers need them. Our curriculum is personalized to address each fellow’s specific needs. The Pathrise income share agreement is 9% of their first year’s salary and we never require upfront payments or deposits.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students land their dream job in tech through 1-on-1 mentorship. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to get help with the technical and behavioral interviews or any other aspect of the job search, join Pathrise.