Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am a marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of GrowthX.
Updated in 2021
- What does GrowthX do?
- Who is GrowthX for?
- What does GrowthX cost?
- Ratings and reviews of GrowthX
- Alternatives to GrowthX
- How does GrowthX compare to Pathrise?
What does GrowthX do?
GrowthX Academy used to be an online bootcamp with courses in growth marketing, UX design, and sales and business development. However, they have since transitioned into a venture capital and revenue accelerator. They are now just called GrowthX.
For entrepreneurs, GrowthX provides 2 products. The first is GrowthX Capital, in which they invest in post-revenue, capital-efficient, highly-scalable companies working towards product-market fit. Then, they work with the founders using their deep go-to-market expertise.
They also have a Revenue Accelerator program for founders who are looking for 1-on-1 coaching as they execute proven strategies to win customers and grow revenue. The program lasts 16 weeks and consists of group workshops and courses.
Founders can also suggest workshops on product market fit and other topics for GrowthX to present outside of their programs.
Who is GrowthX for?
Founders looking for help with product market fit, go-to-market strategy, and fundraising would be good fits for the new GrowthX workshops and programs.
What does GrowthX cost? How much work is involved?
The GrowthX Market Acceleration Program (MXP) is available to their portfolio companies in exchange for up to 5% equity that vests throughout the program when market milestones are achieved. Non-portfolio companies who want access to MXP need to reach out for more information. Otherwise, the Revenue Accelerator is $125 per week.
Ratings and reviews
There are currently no online reviews outside of the company’s website for the new GrowthX program.
Alternatives to GrowthX
There are a number of alternative bootcamps and online resources that can help aspiring product designers and marketers at startups, if they choose not to enroll in GrowthX.
- One of the most well known bootcamps is General Assembly. They offer full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on a variety of topics like software engineering, data science, UX design, digital marketing, product management, and more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Aspiring designers can consider Designlab. This online bootcamp that teaches the necessary skills to land a job as a UX designer. Read more about Designlab in our review.
- Students interested in taking online self-guided or instructor-led product design courses can check out DesignerUp. Learn more about DesignerUp in our review.
- Those interested in online programs should check out Lambda School. They offer 9-month bootcamps in software engineering and data science fundamentals.
- Skillcrush, OpenClassrooms, Interaction Design Foundation, and InternStreet are also online bootcamps with tracks in UX design and web development. Gymnasium is a free resource with courses in those subjects.
- Likewise, UX Pro Academy, Design Sprint School, Avocademy, and Memorisely have UX design courses for beginners as well as more experienced people.
- Offering in-person and online options, BrainStation has tracks in UX design, digital marketing, and more.
- Similarly, Flatiron School offers online and in-person courses in UX design. They also have courses in software engineering, data science, and more.
- If you are looking for a free online digital marketing resource, check out the short courses offered by SEMrush Academy, Copyblogger, QuickSprout, Facebook Blueprint, or HubSpot Academy.
- Similarly, SDSU Bootcamp, Bootcamp Digital, Digital Creative Institute, Somerville Academy, NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp, Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps, Skillcrush, DeltaV Code School, and InternStreet offer tracks in digital marketing.
- HackDesign sends weekly design lessons right to your inbox for free, which can be beneficial for product designers at any stage.
- edX is one of the largest online learning platforms. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- You can check out Udacity and Springboard. These are online educational platforms that students can use to brush up on the basics or advance their current tech skills. Read more about Udacity and Springboard in our reviews.
- Students can also consider Udemy, Simplilearn, Coursera, Skillshare, Pluralsight, Learn UX, and [email protected]. All are online learning platform with thousands of video courses in a wide variety of topics.
- Students located in the Bay Area or looking to work in Silicon Valley can check out Tradecraft, which has tracks in product design, growth marketing, engineering, and sales. Likewise, GreenFig and Loyola University Digital Skills Bootcamp have courses in marketing and sales.
- Similarly, Miami Ad School has marketing and design courses where students can build portfolio projects.
How does GrowthX compare to Pathrise?
GrowthX is a bootcamp that offers courses for founders looking to raise capital.
Fellows in the Pathrise program are mainly job-seekers with some experience looking to optimize their search. Our sessions are live, as well as recorded, so fellows in our program can review past material.
Pathrise helps you land the best possible job. Our mentors have years of experience on both sides of the hiring table. Fellows receive 1-on-1 support every step of the way. Pathrise focuses on technical and behavioral interviewing, as well as resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, reverse recruiting lessons, and negotiation guidance.
Our program is flexible. There are only 2-4 hours of sessions per week. Fellows can schedule 1-on-1 sessions whenever they need support. Our curriculum is personalized to address each fellow’s specific needs. The Pathrise income share agreement means that fellows never pay until they land a job they love and we never require upfront payments or deposits.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps students land their dream job in tech through 1-on-1 mentorship. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to get help with the technical and behavioral interviews or any other aspect of the job search, join Pathrise.