Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am the marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps.
- What does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps do?
- Who is Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps for?
- What does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps
- Alternatives to Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps
- How does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps compare to Pathrise?
What does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps do?
Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps offers a new part-time course to help people become a digital marketer from scratch. The program is entirely remote, with 1-on-1 feedback, student collaboration, and coaching all online. While the course is technically part-time with only about 10 hours of live instruction per week, students may have to devote over 30 hours per week when factoring in projects, self-study, and other work outside of class.
The flagship digital marketing bootcamp runs for 18 weeks with live classes 3 days per week. All students participate in live lectures, hands-on exercises, workshops, group projects, and career coaching. Plus, the course culminates in a final digital marketing project that students can add to their portfolios and present to alumni, industry professionals, and potential employers on demo day. Both career directors and profile coaches work 1-on-1 with students to prepare them for the digital marketing job search. In fact, career services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, technical interview training, resume workshops, networking events, and more.
In the course, students learn to create and execute successful marketing campaigns. The curriculum covers campaign development, user acquisition, digital advertising, content marketing, retention strategy, and SEO. In addition, students work hands-on with Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and WordPress throughout the program. Moreover, the course touches on some crossover topics such as brand strategies, lead generation, sales funnels, and key professional skills students will need on the job. Finally, students build projects they will present to employers, such as developing a marketing campaign and improving SEO ranking for a real website.
Who is Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps for?
People with little to no experience in digital marketing who are looking to move into this field could benefit from Pepperdine Graziadio’s flagship marketing bootcamp. Their program is especially helpful for people based in California because the curriculum focuses on the local marketing job market. In addition, the Pepperdine Graziadio business school name may stand out locally.
The part-time course is still fairly intensive. However, it may be a good fit for students who prefer projects over lectures or live classes. Although the bootcamp is part-time, the 30+ hour weekly workload may be difficult to balance for students who have full-time jobs.
What does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition is $9,495. But, students can pay in interest-free monthly installments or pay upfront for a discount. Also, students who register early and Pepperdine alumni get discounts.
The application process begins with a short online form or a call to the admissions office. Then, an admissions advisor calls candidates for a behavioral interview. Finally, select candidates take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior experience is necessary.
Ratings and reviews
As a new program, Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps does not have many online reviews. However, they are among Course Report’s top online marketing bootcamps. Plus, they were featured on Course Report’s Podcast.
Alternatives to Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps
If you choose not to enroll in a Pepperdine Graziadio bootcamp, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you launch a new career as a digital marketer.
- The UC Berkeley Bootcamp, University of Denver Bootcamps, GW Bootcamps, and Vanderbilt Bootcamps teach part-time digital marketing courses. Their programs feature a hands-on curriculum with portfolio projects and 1-on-1 coaching. Moreover, these university bootcamps are managed by Trilogy, the same parent company that manages Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps, meaning they offer a similar experience and career services.
- One of the most popular bootcamps with a digital marketing track is General Assembly. Students graduate with polished portfolios to help them get a job. Their program features thousands of hiring partners, lots of 1-on-1 support, and a job placement rate of 91.4%. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- The tech bootcamp Tradecraft offers courses in growth marketing, sales, product design, and more. Their 12-week program helps people land a job at a high-growth startup, focusing on the most fundamental entry level skills students can use to impress employers.
- Similarly, Noble Desktop is a tech bootcamp with tracks in digital marketing. This instructor-led program has live classes and lots of opportunities for portfolio building with in-demand marketing tools.
- People seeking an affordable online learning experience can check out Udacity. They offer both free and paid courses on a variety of tech subjects, including digital marketing. Students in Udacity’s nanodegree programs work 1-on-1 with mentors while getting hands-on practice. Learn more about Udacity in our review.
- Another online bootcamp is GrowthX Academy. They offer courses for people who are interested in digital marketing, business development, product management, and UX design.
- Likewise, other tech resources with digital marketing tracks include Pluralsight, Bootcamp Digital, Digital Creative Institute, Kellogg Executive Education, and InternStreet.
- People looking for self-paced courses on a budget can check out Udemy. Their platform hosts over 100,000 video courses in digital marketing and many other topics. Courses only cost around $10 each and come with lifetime access.
- Other online digital marketing programs include SEMRush Academy QuickSprout, and Facebook Blueprint. These three programs offer digital marketing courses for free.
- Similarly, students seeking self-paced university courses can check out Coursera. They host thousands of courses in a huge variety of tech topics, including digital marketing. They often collaborate with universities and top tech companies like Google to create their curricula.
- Finally, edX is a huge online learning platform that hosts tech courses in subjects like marketing from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Find out if edX is right for your career goals in our review
How does Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps compare to Pathrise?
Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps is a new online program that helps people start a new career in digital marketing. Their course is designed for beginners with no marketing experience. Pathrise job-seekers should already have some experience in their chosen field so they can fully benefit from our technical curriculum.
While Pepperdine Graziadio offers career services and mentoring, they only prepare students for the job search. Pathrise is a career accelerator that has helped 1,000+ students and professionals land their dream job. Our experienced mentors work with fellows on their resume and portfolio optimization, cold emailing and reverse recruiting, technical and behavioral interviewing, and negotiation. Our curriculum is tailored to each individual fellow’s needs to focus on whatever topics they struggle with the most.
Although the Pepperdine Graziadio marketing bootcamp is part-time, students may still be expected to work 30 hours each week. Our program is flexible, with only 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and 1-on-1 sessions fellows can schedule as needed. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) is only 9% of their first year’s salary so fellows pay nothing until they land a great tech job.
Pathrise optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentorship and personalized training. With our tips and guidance, program fellows see their interview scores double and their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to land your dream tech job, join Pathrise.