- What does [email protected] do?
- Who is [email protected] for?
- What does [email protected] cost?
- Ratings and reviews of [email protected]
- Alternatives to [email protected]
- How does [email protected] compare to Pathrise?
What does [email protected] do?
Sponsored by the magazine Forbes, [email protected] is a free and paid online resource with courses in digital marketing, product management, data science, and other fields that are in and adjacent to tech, such as sales and human resources. Students can choose from a variety of individual skill courses and certification programs. Moreover, they offer in-depth programs called specializations and learning pathways.
Under the digital marketing umbrella, they offer courses such as social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and more. For product management, they have a series of courses that help prepare students for the product management professional (PMP) exam. Those interested in data science can take courses such as Python for data analytics and statistics for data science.
While the self-paced curriculum varies by course, students generally learn through real-world case studies, interactive features, audio & video presentations, assignments, and exams. In addition, they can access course materials and connect with their peers via Canvas, their learning management system. Upon completing a course, students earn a certificate, which they can add to their LinkedIn profile.
Who is [email protected] for?
Digital marketers, product managers, and data scientists looking to brush up on the basics, learn new skills, and deepen their current knowledge can benefit from [email protected]
What does [email protected] cost? How much work is involved?
[email protected] uses a subscription-based model. Students start with a free 14-day trial. After that, they pay $24.99 per month, which provides unlimited access to over 500 courses. Some courses are free without a subscription. Others, such as the digital marketing specialist in social media course, cost as much as $1,850 and are not included in the monthly fee.
To enroll, students register with their Facebook, Google, or email accounts. Then, they add their credit card information, select courses, and begin learning.
Ratings and reviews
[email protected] is a relatively new online learning program, so there are not too many reviews. However, the program has been featured by HR Dive, Benzinga, ELearningInside.com, and other sites.
Alternatives to [email protected]
If you decide not to enroll in [email protected], there are a fair number of alternative bootcamps and online resources that teach digital marketing, product management, and data science.
- You can check out Udacity and Springboard. These online learning tools can help you brush up on the basics or advance your current skills. Read more about Udacity and Springboard in our reviews.
- edX is one of the largest online learning platforms. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- Similarly, Codecademy is one of the most popular coding programs online. They provide free courses on many different programming languages. They also offer membership options ranging from $20 to $40 per month for more course options and greater support. Learn more about Codecademy in our review.
- Those looking to enroll in an online bootcamp with a digital marketing track can consider GrowthX Academy. They also have tracks in UX design, sales, and business development.
- Similarly, Pluralsight, Bootcamp Digital, Digital Creative Institute, and Somerville Academy offer tracks in digital marketing.
- Skillcrush, InternStreet, allWomen Academy, GW Bootcamps, and Pragmatic Institute are tech bootcamps with tracks in a few different areas of tech, including marketing, UX design, and product management.
- One of the most well known bootcamps is General Assembly. They offer full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on a variety of topics like data, digital marketing, product management, and more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- People who are looking for online product management bootcamps can also check out OpenClassrooms and Product School.
- Similarly, aspiring product managers might like One Week PM. Created by Product Manager HQ, both programs teach product management fundamentals and include networking with aspiring and current PMs.
- Those looking to advance their product management skills and network with a community of peers can check out membership and classes at Product Gym and ProductHood.
- Similarly, product managers with some experience can check out the community and courses on Mind the Product.
- Students can also check out Thinkful and Knowledge Officer, which have courses in product management, marketing, and more.
- Women, GNC people, and trans people can check out CodeOp, which has courses in web dev, data, and product management.
- BrainStation and The Tech Academy are tech bootcamps that have in-person and online offerings in product management, data science, and other topics.
- For people with an interest in data science, Metis has part-time introduction courses as well as onsite and online bootcamp options. Learn more about Metis in our review.
- Free online resources, SoloLearn and the Mode tutorials have tracks in SQL, as well as other programming languages.
- DataCamp, Dataquest, Promotable, Divergence Academy, and Data Science Dojo are also options for current and aspiring data scientists. They offer individual courses, as well as in-depth tracks.
- Those interested in online learning platforms can also check out Udemy, Coursera, QuickSprout, and Simplilearn. People can use these popular education tools to develop or advance their current tech skills.
How does [email protected] compare to Pathrise?
[email protected] is an online digital resource for aspiring and current digital marketers, product managers, and others who are looking to advance their knowledge in their respective fields. However, students learn without live sessions or any interaction with instructors and the programs do not offer job search guidance.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps fellows with every component of the job search. Our mentors have years of experience on both sides of the hiring table. Fellows participate in workshops and 1-on-1 sessions. Our curriculum focuses on resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, technical and behavioral interviewing, salary negotiation, and more. The program is flexible. Fellows can request ad hoc sessions alongside their weekly interactions with mentors.
Advancing your technical skills is a crucial component of landing a job in tech. So, fellows in our program can use [email protected], in conjunction with our technical workshops, to further their knowledge.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. If you are interested in optimizing your job search by working with a mentor, become a Pathrise fellow.