Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am the marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp.
- What does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp do?
- Who is NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp for?
- What does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp cost?
- Ratings and reviews of NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp
- Alternatives to NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp
- How does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp compare to Pathrise?
What does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp do?
New Jersey Institute of Technology Digital Skills Bootcamp is an online bootcamp that helps people launch a new career in digital marketing or cybersecurity.
Their flagship digital marketing course trains students in all of the skills they need to land a digital marketing job. People have 2 options. First, they can take just the introductory 20-hour course or they can enroll in the full 380+ hour program. In both, students participate in instructor-led lectures. They also work on assignments, and projects that they can add to their professional portfolios. In addition, instructors also host Q&A sessions where students can get extra clarification and assignment feedback from instructors.
The curriculum covers search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), e-commerce, social media marketing, content writing, and even some data visualization and website development. Moreover, students also get to work hands-on with in-demand marketing tools like Facebook and Google ads.
Finally, the course includes career services as well. The last 10 hours of the program teach students professional networking skills, interview training, and even help with job placement through networking events. In addition, students also get 1-on-1 consultations to optimize their LinkedIn profiles, portfolios, and resumes.
Who is NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp for?
People who want to break into digital marketing could benefit from New Jersey Institute of Technology Bootcamp. The program is especially helpful for people who are seeking a remote but still hands-on course. Likewise, people looking to work in New York or New Jersey might be better fits as well.
What does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the flagship digital marketing program is $15,000 total. However, the 20 hour introductory course is $500. While the intro course is included in the full program’s price, it can also be purchased separately.
Although students still have to apply, NJIT’s bootcamps do not require any formal interview or placement test. Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis and no former tech experience is necessary.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, there are not many online reviews of NJIT Bootcamp. However, Reddit users were impressed with the parent company running the bootcamps, HackerU. In addition, NJIT’s website also hosts positive reviews.
Alternatives to NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp
If you choose not to enroll in a New Jersey Institute of Technology bootcamp, there are a number of alternative bootcamps and resources that can help you launch a digital marketing career.
- The online bootcamp GrowthX Academy offers courses for people who are interested in digital marketing, business development, product management, and UX design.
- Another popular bootcamp is General Assembly, which has tracks in digital marketing, UX design, and other subjects. Their program is project-based so students graduate with polished portfolios to help them get a job. Learn more about General Assembly in our review.
- Likewise, Noble Desktop is a tech bootcamp that helps students learn skills they need to land a digital marketing job. Their live instructor-led program offers lots of opportunities for hands-on practice with real marketing tools.
- Similarly, Miami Ad School and Jelly Academy have marketing courses where students can build portfolio projects.
- The tech bootcamp Tradecraft has courses in growth marketing, sales, product design, and more. Their 12-week program is designed for people looking to land a job at a high-growth startup, with an emphasis on practical entry-level skills students can use to impress employers.
- Similarly, Digital Creative Institute, DeltaV Code School, Pepperdine Graziadio Bootcamps, and InternStreet are both online tech bootcamps with tracks in digital marketing and other topics.
- Those interested in self-paced, remote learning can look into Skillshare. Their online platform hosts free and paid courses in digital marketing, tech sales, tech entrepreneurship, and other tech subjects,
- In the same vein, the massive online learning platform edX hosts marketing courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- Another self-paced, online learning platform is Udemy. They have 100K+ video courses in digital marketing, tech sales, software engineering, UX design, and more. Plus, students only pay around $10 per class and get lifetime access to their course.
- Similarly, students seeking low-cost options can check out QuickSprout, Facebook Blueprint, Copyblogger, and SEMRush Academy, which all offer free marketing courses.
- Likewise, you can check out Palm Beach Code School and UC Davis Bootcamps, which have courses in web development and digital marketing. Similarly, Loyola University Digital Skills Bootcamp, Kellogg Executive Education, Highway Education, and SDSU Bootcamp have part-time courses in marketing.
- In addition, School16 and GreenFig teach marketing, sales, and product management.
- Coursera hosts thousands of courses in a huge variety of tech topics, including digital marketing and sales. They often collaborate with universities and top tech companies like Google to keep their curricula practical and in-demand.
- Finally, the online learning platform Udacity also offers courses on a variety of tech subjects, including business analytics, data science, software engineering, and more. Students in Udacity’s nanodegree programs work 1-on-1 with mentors while getting hands-on practice similar to NJIT’s bootcamp curriculum. Read more about Udacity in our review.
How does NJIT Digital Skills Bootcamp compare to Pathrise?
NJIT Bootcamp is an online program that teaches people the skills they need to launch a digital marketing career. Most of their students start with no marketing background. Fellows in the Pathrise program should already have a background in their chosen field so they get the most out of our technical interview curriculum.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps students and professionals land their dream job. Our experienced mentors have already helped 1,000+ people land great jobs through data-backed inside information and 1-on-1 mentorship. Fellows in our program work with their mentors to perfect their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, build their portfolios, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, negotiate salaries, and much more.
Our program is flexible. There are only 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and fellows can schedule 1-on-1s as needed. Our curriculum is tailored to fit each individual fellow. The Pathrise income share agreement (ISA) means that fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentoring. Fellows in our program have seen their interview scores double and their response rates triple, landing jobs in just 3-5 months on average. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to land your dream job, join Pathrise.