Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am the marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing.
- What does QuickSprout do?
- Who is QuickSprout for?
- What does QuickSprout cost?
- Ratings and reviews of QuickSprout
- Alternatives to QuickSprout
- How does QuickSprout compare to Pathrise?
What does QuickSprout do?
An education tool from the company that created the QuickSprout software, QuickSprout is a free online resource for current and aspiring digital marketers. They provide in-depth guides for building websites, selecting web hosting providers, running successful marketing campaigns, launching a blog, and more.
With over 600 guides and reviews, QuickSprout offers step-by-step tutorials on in-demand marketing tools and methods, including search engine optimization (SEO), copywriting, content & email marketing, social media marketing, search engine advertising (PPC & SEM), and other related topics. Their lessons include written explanations, infographics, screenshots, GIFs, and suggestions for further reading. In addition, their blog, which is updated frequently, provides tips on topics such as creating an ecommerce website, starting a business from scratch, and finding the best credit card processing services.
While the resource is helpful for locating background information on hundreds of different digital marketing topics, QuickSprout isn’t interactive and doesn’t allow people to keep track of their progress.
Who is QuickSprout for?
Current and aspiring digital marketers looking to brush up on the basics, study the latest marketing trends, and advance their current skills can benefit from QuickSprout. The free resource is a good option for solo entrepreneurs, and marketers who work at small businesses and startups.
What does QuickSprout cost? How much work is involved?
The program is free and does not require users to create an account or submit any personal information.
Ratings and reviews
While there are not too many, most online reviews of the free digital marketing resources offered by QuickSprout are positive.
HubSpot praised QuickSprout for their SEO, email marketing, paid advertising, social media, and content marketing tutorials. Tyton Media also recommended their SEO course as a free resource for digital marketers.
Similarly, Business.com praised their content marketing course, noting that “the best thing is that the course walks you through the recommended practices in content marketing, which you can implement right into your content strategy to attract more leads and convert them into customers.”
Alternatives to QuickSprout
If you decide not to use QuickSprout, there are a fair number of alternative bootcamps and online resources that teach digital marketing.
- One of the most well known tech bootcamps is General Assembly, which offers full-time, part-time, and 1-days courses in digital marketing, software engineering, UX design, product management, and more. Learn more about General Assembly in our review.
- If you are interested in taking classes through an online learning platform, check out Springboard or Udacity, both of which offer courses in marketing and a variety of other topics. Discover how Springboard and Udacity can help you advance your current tech skills in our program reviews.
- Similarly, people can use online learning tools such as Coursera, Pluralsight, and Spimplilearn to further their knowledge in digital marketing, coding, and other topics.
- GrowthX Academy is an online bootcamp, with courses for people who are interested in growth marketing and UX design, as well as sales and business development. Read more about GrowthX Academy in our review of the program.
- Another option is Noble Desktop, a tech bootcamp with courses in digital marketing, as well as design, coding, and data analytics.
- For additional online bootcamps with digital marketing tracks, check out Skillcrush and InternStreet.
- An online resource, ClickMinded can also help digital marketers advance their current skills.
- Similarly, Skillshare, SEMrush Academy, and HubSpot Academy offer a variety of free digital marketing courses in similar topics.
- If you are interested in launching a tech career in Silicon Valley, consider Tradecraft, a bootcamp with tracks in growth marketing, product design, engineering, and sales.
How does QuickSprout compare to Pathrise?
QuickSprout is an online digital marketing resource for aspiring and current digital marketers who are looking to learn new tools and advance their current knowledge on specific topics, such as inbound marketing and content strategy. They do not, however, provide job-seeking guidance, mentorship, interactive lessons, or community support.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps people land the best job possible. Our mentors have years of experience on both sides of the hiring table and offer guidance on every step of the job search, including resume & portfolio building, behavioral & technical interview preparation, cold emailing & reverse recruiting strategies, salary negotiation, and more. Fellows learn lifelong skills that benefit them in their next job search as well.
Keeping up-to-date on the latest digital trends and marketing tools is a crucial component of landing a job as a digital marketer, so fellows in our program should feel free to use QuickSprout, as well as our technical workshops, to broaden their marketing knowledge.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. If you are interested in optimizing your job search by working with a mentor, become a Pathrise fellow.