Updated in 2023
- What does Learneroo do?
- Who is Learneroo for?
- What does Learneroo cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Learneroo
- Alternatives to Learneroo
- How does Learneroo compare to Pathrise?
What does Learneroo do?
Learneroo is an online learning tool that helps software engineers advance their skills in Java, Python, algorithms, data structures, and more. They break down complex concepts into small challenges to help people develop a fuller understanding of each step. They mainly use text explanations, diagrams, and challenges to go through these lessons.
If a user is stuck on a problem, they can check out the hints, comments, and “automatic feedback” features. There is a premium option available, which provides 1-on-1 question review and tutorials.
The platform is free to try out. But, you need to become a member to get full access to the site. Premium users can also download content from Learneroo to work offline.
Who is Learneroo for?
Software engineers looking to brush up on their skills in Java, algorithms, logic, data structures, and more could benefit from the modules on Learneroo. For job-seekers looking to prepare for technical software engineering interviews, Learneroo has challenges that resemble actual interview questions. They have questions of varying skill levels, so people with no background in software engineering can practice the basics on Learneroo as well.
What does Learneroo cost? How much work is involved?
The Learneroo membership costs $20 per month or $120 per year. Users can make payments by credit card or PayPal. Before making your payment, you need to sign up and become a member.
Ratings and reviews
There are not too many reviews of Learneroo online.
On one Reddit thread, some users felt that Learneroo helped the, learn how to code and prepare for interviews. One reviewer noted that “it has helped me get into a more ‘interview ready’ state for banging out quick console C++ apps.”
On the other hand, one user claimed that the tasks were not clear enough. They explained that “I clicked on the breadth-first search to start, and it’s not at all obvious what the input format is” and that “the code has syntax errors.”
Alternatives to Learneroo
If you decide not to sign up for Learneroo, there are a number of alternatives to help prepare you for your software engineering technical interviews.
- A good option is AlgoExpert. This is a platform where software engineers can practice questions that cover a variety of interview topics.
- Created by a former Google software engineer, Interview Cake is a study tool that teaches people the right way to think about technical questions so they do well in interviews. Read more about Interview Cake in our review.
- Similarly, Codebasil features questions written by software engineers at top tech companies like Facebook, Apple, and Amazon.
- With over 1,050 software engineer interview-type questions, Leetcode supports 14 coding languages and grants users access to tools such as Playground, which helps users write, test, and debug their own code.
- Coderbyte offer a mix of free and paid resources and challenges for software engineers looking to practice their skills. Read more about Coderbyte in our review.
- Used by many companies to evaluate software engineers, HackerRank also offers practice questions to help you prepare for your technical interviews.
- CodinGame and CodeSignal are online learning tools that allow software engineers to practice interview questions through competitions.
- Software engineers can use the tracks offered by Educative to brush up on skills or practice for specific-language interviews.
- For people looking to prep with real world problems, CodeKata provides challenges that mimic requests from real tech companies.
- If you are looking for technical questions directly in your email, Daily Coding Problem is a newsletter that sends 1 problem a day and the solutions for those who subscribe.
- Similarly, Quastor sends out a daily newsletter with software engineering interview questions. They also have a free online course.
- Those looking to participate in mock interviews with software engineers at top tech companies should check out Interviewing.io. Learn more about Interviewing.io in our review.
- Pramp, Tech Mock Interview, and Gainlo are other resources for software engineers looking for mock interview prep with their peers or anonymous engineers.
- Edabit and Skilled.dev allow people to use an in-browser coding window to write and run code in different languages on topics like data structures and algorithms.
- Software engineers who prefer a bootcamp setting can check out Interview Kickstart. Their 8-week course includes lectures, assignments, and coaching sessions, as well as an additional 6 months of support.
How does Learneroo compare to Pathrise?
Learneroo is a useful tool for software engineers who are looking to prepare for their technical interviews. While they provide step-by-step solutions and some support, they do not help with behavioral interview prep, resume & LinkedIn optimization, or salary negotiations.
Pathrise is a full service organization that helps job-seekers with each step of their job search. By providing technical workshops, 1-on-1 mentoring, and pair programming sessions, we prepare software engineers for their technical interviews so they can go in with confidence. We also assist fellows with resume and LinkedIn optimization, behavioral interview preparation, and salary negotiation.
Advancing technical skills is a crucial component of landing a job. So, software engineers can use Learneroo in conjunction with the technical workshops and sessions at Pathrise to prepare for technical interviews. You can also check out our list of 93 software engineering interview questions from top tech companies to practice.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, we’ve seen our fellows interview scores double.
If you are interested in working 1-on-1 with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, become a Pathrise fellow.