Hi, I’m Brian, a former senior software engineer and now engineering mentor at Pathrise. I have worked with hundreds of job-seekers to optimize their job search and get results like 3x more responses to their applications, 2x higher interview scores, and 10-20% increases in compensation through negotiation alone. Check out this article to learn more about the My Interview Practice platform, costs, and user reviews.
- What does My Interview Practice do?
- Who is My Interview Practice for?
- What does My Interview Practice cost?
- Ratings and reviews of My Interview Practice
- Alternatives to My Interview Practice
- How does My Interview Practice compare to Pathrise?
What does My Interview Practice do?
My Interview Practice is an online program that trains job-seekers to ace interviews. Their mock interview platform uses AI to simulate interviews for 120+ different roles in a wide variety of fields. Interviews are recorded so users can share their answers with the platform’s community to get feedback. The program also offers a self-paced and self-guided course on interviewing, consisting mostly of online articles.
The platform’s flagship “interview simulator” lets users practice realistic mock interviews by themselves. First, users select a job position and an interview type. Next, the interview simulator’s AI crafts a script based on 7,000+ real interview questions popular with recruiters.
Questions such as “tell me about yourself” will appear on screen with a time limit. The user’s webcam will record their answers automatically, simulating a face-to-face interview experience and helping users develop soft communication skills to ace behavioral interviews.
Since the platform’s AI simulates a real face-to-face interview experience, users can practice the best questions to ask interviewers and even work on their etiquette. When the mock interview ends, users get a recording of their session. Users can share their recorded responses on the platform for feedback from their peers. There is no feedback from the AI or experts. On the basic payment plan, users cannot even ask their peers for feedback, either.
The platform also offers a self-guided training course that teaches users to master the job search and ace interviews. Students learn through online articles, checklists, and worksheets. The self-paced curriculum first covers company research and how to find the right job listings. Students then identify their strengths and weaknesses as they learn to best present themselves to recruiters. Next, the curriculum focuses on practical strategies like the S.T.A.R. interview technique to ace behavioral questions. Students then learn how to best approach technical interviews while using the platform’s interview simulator to practice technical questions in software engineering, data science, web development, or another technical field of their choice. Finally, students study the best questions to ask interviewers as they get a final interview checklist they can apply immediately to the job search.
Who is My Interview Practice for?
Job seekers who want to sharpen their interview skills through realistic mock interviews can benefit from My Interview Practice. The AI interview simulator could be a great fit for introverts seeking realistic but casual mock interviews that don’t require meeting with a real person. Job seekers who want feedback on their interview performance may be disappointed that they can only share their recordings with their peers, rather than expert professionals and mentors.
The program is open to absolutely anyone in any field who wants to improve their interviewing skills. No formal experience is required, though the platform is designed to simulate interviews for specific roles, so users should probably have a desired role and field in mind.
What does My Interview Practice cost? How much work is involved?
The “plus” membership costs $25 per month and includes access to unlimited simulated mock interviews. To access the training course and share interview recordings for peer feedback, users must upgrade to the $29 per month “premium” membership.
Users who buy multiple months upfront get a discount. Yearly subscriptions can bring the monthly “premium” membership cost down to $9 and lower “plus” membership price to just $8 per month. In addition to a 30-day money-back guarantee, the platform offers a job guarantee. Members who don’t land a job get a full refund.
Ratings and reviews
My Interview Practice is still a relatively new platform and does not have many online reviews. However, they have been included in Make Use Of’s list of the top 8 Mock Interview Websites to Help You Nail Your Job Search. The platform also hosts positive testimonials on their own website.
Alternatives to My Interview Practice
If you choose not to join My Interview Practice, there are a number of other programs that offer interview training and practice.
- People seeking self-guided and self-paced mock interview programs can also check out Big Interview. Just like My Interview Practice, their platform uses AI software to simulate behavioral interviews in a wide variety of industries, including tech. They also offer a separate course on interviewing and job search skills, although their course consists of recorded videos rather than articles like My Interview Practice.
- The online interview resources Pramp and Gainlo both pair aspiring software engineers with peers or engineers for mock interviews.
- Aspiring software engineers seeking mock interview opportunities can check out Interviewing.io. The platform pairs users with FAANG engineers for mock interviews and extensive feedback. Find out if Interviewing.io is right for your career goals in our review.
- Another self-paced technical interview course, Skilled.dev covers both technical coding concepts and practical interviewing strategies that aspiring software engineers can apply to their job search. Like My Interview Practice, Skilled.dev is entirely self-guided and does not include any live sessions.
- The interview prep tool Interview Cake hosts popular software engineering interview questions. Their platform focuses on how to approach and solve technical interview problems. Questions include a detailed solution breakdown, a gotcha list of common mistakes, and a “what we learned” section to help users review. Learn more about Interview Cake in our review.
- Similarly, the paid interview prep platform AlgoExpert hosts 150 common data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving questions that span 14 categories and 5 difficulty levels. The experience is hands-on: users can write in 7 different languages, using an in-browser coding window to write and run code instantly.
- People seeking more technical interview practice can also check out Learneroo which hosts technical questions that often come up in interviews. Their program is free to try, though users can upgrade to a paid membership for greater access to materials.
- Codebasil hosts interview questions written by software engineers at top tech companies like Facebook, Apple, and Amazon.
- The interview prep tool HackerRank has questions on software engineering, data science, and even UX/UI design.
- Another popular interview prep platform is Leetcode. They host thousands of questions popular with real tech companies. They also have an active community, with frequent posts on their discussion board.
- The user-generated service Codewars hosts coding challenges published by users. However, their program relies on its active community rather than pre-recorded material like My Interview Practice’s course.
- People who want to sharpen their technical interview skills can also check out Coderbyte. Their platform offers a mix of 300+ free and paid challenges for software engineers. Read more about Coderbyte in our review.
How does My Interview Practice compare to Pathrise?
My Interview Practice is an online program that helps people prepare for interviews through mock interviews and a self-paced course. While My Interview Practice teaches students to ace behavioral interviews, the program has no technical curriculum. Their platform is also AI-based, with no 1-on-1 interaction besides peer feedback.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps people 1-on-1 with each phase of the job search. Our technical curriculum teaches fellows to ace technical interviews. Our experienced mentors have already helped 1,000+ fellows land great tech jobs by helping with resume writing, portfolio optimization, cold emailing, behavioral interviewing, negotiation, and more. The program is personalized to each fellow, so time is only spent on the areas where they are weakest. While My Interview Practice offers a job guarantee, they still require payment upfront. Pathrise offers an income sharing agreement (ISA) so fellows pay nothing until they land a tech job they love and start working.
Mock interviews can be extremely helpful for job seekers as the practice builds both skill and confidence. We recommend job seekers study and practice common behavioral interview questions as often as possible. Since My Interview Practice offers flexible AI mock interviews at a low price with no serious time commitment, their platform can be used concurrently with Pathrise.
Pathrise optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentoring. With our tips and guidance, fellows in our program see their interview scores double and their application responses triple. If you want to work with any of our mentors to land your dream job, join Pathrise.