Hi, I’m Brian, a former senior software engineer and now software engineering mentor at Pathrise. I have worked with hundreds of job-seekers to optimize their job search and get results like 3x more responses to their applications, 2x higher interview scores, and 10-20% increases in compensation through negotiation alone. Check out this article to learn more about the Tech Interview Pro platform, costs, and user reviews.
- What does Tech Interview Pro do?
- Who is Tech Interview Pro for?
- What does Tech Interview Pro cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Tech Interview Pro
- Alternatives to Tech Interview Pro
- How does Tech Interview Pro compare to Pathrise?
What does Tech Interview Pro do?
Tech Interview Pro is an online course that teaches aspiring software engineers to ace interviews and land a job in big tech. The program was created by the popular Youtuber TechLead, a former software engineer at Google and Facebook.
While the self-paced course consists mostly of 150+ recorded video lectures, students also get a resume review and participate in live Q&A sessions every 2 weeks. The technical interview curriculum covers questions on data structures, algorithms, Big O time-space complexity analysis, and more. Students also get access to sample mock interviews and even salary negotiation techniques. Grads retain lifetime access to all materials as well as a private Facebook community course for continued support.
Who is Tech Interview Pro for?
Aspiring software engineers with at least some coding skills who want to prepare for technical interviews could benefit from Tech Interview Pro. The resume review, Q&A sessions, and private Facebook networking group could also be helpful for people who want help optimizing their job search materials. Busy students or professionals could be a good fit for the self-paced recorded videos lessons. People who want to work at a FAANG company might be a good match for the program since the course’s creator draws from his experience interviewing at Google and Facebook.
What does Tech Interview Pro cost? How much work is involved?
Students can make 6 monthly payments of $197 or pay $997 upfront for a 20% discount. The program offers a 14-day refund if less than 40% of the course material has been viewed and the student has not joined the Facebook group.
While anyone can register for Tech Interview Pro, the course is designed for people who already have basic coding skills but want help with the interview process. The curriculum covers technical interview skills for more entry-level junior roles as well as senior positions.
Ratings and reviews
Tech Interview Pro has received positive to mixed reviews. A student on Quora described the program as “a very good course for getting a job in big tech. It covers both the technical and the non-technical side of the hiring process.” The grad was especially impressed by “the sense of community and camaraderie in the Facebook group, which I haven’t been able to find anywhere else.” However, the course only holds a 1.8/5 star rating on Facebook. While one student felt the course was “too costly”, another felt that “the balance between price and quality is right for this course!” Most Reddit reviews were extremely critical, especially of the cost.
A student on YouTube thought the course “did a good job explaining the general concepts and ideas needed to know to walk into a technical interview.” However, she did not recommend the course as a “sole resource to practice for technical interviews.” The student thought the “data structure and algorithms videos didn’t have enough explanations for a beginner to fully grasp the concepts.” However, as a computer science major, she was able to follow along and found the videos very helpful. Another grad on Youtube was impressed with the live Q&A, supportive Facebook group, and technical interview lessons. However, he wished the course platform included a live coding environment so that students could practice the material hands-on without having to rely on platforms like Leetcode that offer live code compiling.
Alternatives to Tech Interview Pro
If you choose not to join Tech Interview Pro, there are still a number of alternative resources and interview prep courses to help you launch a career in tech.
- The wildly popular technical interview platform Leetcode hosts thousands of questions that often appear in real tech interviews. Like Tech Interview Pro, they have an active community, with frequent posts on their discussion board.
- Aspiring software engineers seeking a self-paced technical interview course can check out Skilled.dev. Their course covers both key technical coding concepts and interviewing strategies that aspiring software engineers can apply to their job search.
- The paid interview prep platform AlgoExpert hosts 150 common questions on data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving that span 14 different categories and 5 difficulty levels. Rather than host recorded solution videos like Tech Interview Pro, AlgoExpert offers a hands-on experience: users can write in 7 different languages, using an in-browser coding window to write and run code instantly.
- Codebasil also hosts interview questions written by software engineers at top tech companies like Facebook, Apple, and Amazon.
- Similarly, Learneroo hosts technical questions that often come up in interviews. Their program is free to try, though users can upgrade to a paid membership for greater access to materials.
- People who want to sharpen their technical interview skills can check out Coderbyte. Their platform offers a mix of 300+ free and paid challenges for software engineers. Learn more about Coderbyte in our review.
- The interview prep tool HackerRank helps users prepare for interviews in a wide variety of tech fields, including software engineering, data science, and even UX/UI design.
- Aspiring software engineers seeking interview prep can look into Interview Cake. Like Tech Interview Pro, their program focuses on how to approach and solve technical interview problems. Questions include a detailed solution breakdown, a gotcha list of common mistakes, and a “what we learned” section to help users review. Find out if Interview Cake matches your career goals in our review.
- The online interview resources Pramp and Gainlo both pair aspiring software engineers with peers or engineers for mock interviews.
- Aspiring software engineers seeking mock interview opportunities can check out Interviewing.io. The platform pairs users with FAANG engineers for mock interviews and extensive feedback. Read more about Interviewing.io in our review.
- The low-cost online learning platform Udemy hosts over 100,000 self-paced courses that cover a wide variety of tech topics, including FAANG interview prep. Like Tech Interview Prop, their courses consist mostly of recorded video lectures and come with lifetime access. Each course only costs about $10.
How does Tech Interview Pro compare to Pathrise?
Tech Interview Pro is a course that helps aspiring software engineers prepare for technical interviews and land a tech job. While the course includes live Q&A sessions and touches on salary negotiation, the curriculum focuses mostly on technical interview skills. Students do not receive 1-on-1 coaching or any job search support besides a resume review.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps with each phase of the job search. Our curriculum includes technical training, behavioral interview training, resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, reverse recruiting lessons, and negotiation guidance. Our mentors help fellows increase their offered compensation by 10-20% on average, earning $50k-$60k more than in their previous role.
The Pathrise program is personalized to each fellow’s specific goals and needs. However, fellows in our program still have 2-4 hours of weekly group sessions to master specific technical interview skills and learn to answer common questions from top tech companies.
Tech Interview Pro students pay upfront. Pathrise offers an income share agreement, so fellows pay nothing until they land a tech job and start earning. Our experienced mentors have already helped 1,000+ people land tech jobs, usually in just 3-5 months. Fellows in our program see their interview scores double and their application responses triple.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 to help them land their dream job. If you are interested in working with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, join Pathrise.