Hi, I’m Brian, a former senior software engineer and now industry mentor at Pathrise. I have helped hundreds of software engineers land their dream jobs in tech. Check out my article where I compare AlgoExpert vs LeetCode.
- Similarities and differences between AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- Topics offered on AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- Prices for AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- Ratings and reviews of AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- Alternatives to AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- How do AlgoExpert and LeetCode compare to Pathrise?
Similarities and differences between AlgoExpert and LeetCode
- Users can filter questions by topic and difficulty level.
- Also, both enable users to solve problems using a built-in code editor.
- For additional support, people can check out articles (LeetCode) and short video lessons (AlgoExpert) to advance their knowledge on certain topics.
- Companies use LeetCode to find experienced developers through sponsored challenges, leader boards, and discussion sections.
- Those who successfully complete all of the questions on AlgoExpert receive a certificate of completion, which they can add to their LinkedIn, resume, and other online profiles.
- AlgoExpert only offers 115 questions. However, LeetCode has over 1000.
- The LeetCode discussion board allows users and experts to discuss optimal solutions, unique approaches to tackling challenges, and other software engineering topics.
- With LeetCode, you can write solutions in 14 languages. But, AlgoExpert users are only able to write in 9.
- Premium LeetCode subscribers have access to interview questions from actual companies.
Topics offered on AlgoExpert and LeetCode
LeetCode and AlgoExpert offer practice questions for software engineers on the following topics and much more:
- Systems design
- Binary search
- Dynamic programming
- Hash tables
Prices for AlgoExpert and LeetCode
AlgoExpert offers 3 subscriptions options: Systems Expert, AlgoExpert, and AlgoExpert + SystemsExpert. The price for the SystemsExpert plan is $79 for one year and comes with a course on systems design, top design interview questions, video explanations, and a glossary of important design terms. People who subscribe to the AlgoExpert plan pay $99 for 1 year and receive 100 coding interview questions, video explanations, code solutions in 7 languages, a crash course on data structures, and a certificate of completion. Finally, the AlgoExpert + SystemsExpert option runs $139 for one year (discounted from $178) and includes all of the benefits offered by the SystemsExpert and AlgoExpert plans.
While there are some free questions and solutions on LeetCode, most people subscribe so that they can fully benefit from the service. Users can choose between the monthly package, which costs $35/month (down from $39), or the annual one, which costs $159 per year (down from $299). A premium subscription comes with more questions, solutions, company problem sets, and better question sorting tools.
Ratings and reviews of AlgoExpert and LeetCode
Online reviews for AlgoExpert are mixed. Many people said that their videos were well-produced and useful for learning how to effectively solve each question. But, some were disappointed that there were only 100 coding practice questions. A few users encouraged people to use AlgoExpert alongside another software engineering interview prep platform with more questions, like LeetCode.
One of the most popular options for software engineering interview prep, LeetCode generally receives positive reviews. Users benefited from the organization and tagging system of their questions, the in-depth solution articles, and the active discussion board. But, others have pointed out that the questions can be challenging, especially for those who are new to software engineering.
Alternatives to AlgoExpert and LeetCode
Besides AlgoExpert and LeetCode, there are quite a few alternative services that you can use to practice for your software engineering interviews, including:
- Offering tens of thousands of user solutions, Coderbyte hosts an online editor for users to solve questions directly on the platform. Read more about Coderbyte in our review.
- Created by a former Google software engineer, Interview Cake is a study tool that teaches people the right way to think about technical questions so they perform well in interviews. Read more about Interview Cake in our review.
- Other options, CodeChef and Edabit provide free online communities and platforms to practice software engineering technical questions.
- Another free service, HackerRank is a common tool used by companies to evaluate software engineers. They offer practice questions on their platform, which mimics the environment that people will likely be tested in.
- CodinGame, Codewars, and CodeSignal gamify the interview prep experience by turning interview practice problems into challenges.
- If you are interested in participating in mock interviews with software engineers at top tech companies, check out Interviewing.io and Gainlo.
- Similarly, people who are looking to conduct mock interviews with their peers can try using Pramp.
- CodeKata provides challenges that mimic requests from real tech companies.
How do AlgoExpert and LeetCode compare to Pathrise?
AlgoExpert & LeetCode are platforms that offer technical interview preparation services to software engineers. People can practice topics like data structures and algorithms, as well as advance their skills in multiple programming languages.
A full service organization, Pathrise helps software engineers land the best job possible. We place a great deal of emphasis on technical interview preparation through workshops, pair programming, and 1-on-1 sessions, but we also work with fellows on every other component of the job search, including resume & LinkedIn optimization, cold emailing, behavioral interviewing, and salary negotiation.
Pathrise fellows are encouraged to use services like AlgoExpert or LeetCode, as well as our industry working shops and pair programming sessions, to help them prepare for their technical interviews.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, we’ve seen our fellows interview scores double.
If you are interested in working 1-on-1 with any of our mentors to optimize your job search, become a Pathrise fellow.