How to Get a Job at Avaya
About this guide
These pages are meant to provide helpful information about how to get a software engineering, product manager, data science, and designer job at Avaya. Being prepared and knowledgeable is a key to every step of the hiring process. You can tab through each part of the guide to see information that can be helpful to your stage from office location for those trying to figure out if a company has a presence in your city of choice to real world interview questions. These guides contain much of the same information we have Pathrise fellows review before they apply or interview for a job with Avaya for roles including Software Developer, Mobile Developer, Software Engineer, Web Developer, Software Architect, Computer Programmer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Product Designer, UI Designer, UX Designer, Experience Designer, Web Designer, Product Manager, and Technical Product Manager and other tech, data, and product related roles. We hope you find these helpful and if you have content that you think we should add or think we got anything wrong, please email us at [email protected] and let us know.
- Generally, the teams feel like family and engineers, specifically, enjoy working with their team members
- Upper management shifts have caused feelings of disconnect
- The work is challenging but rewarding
- Compensation for engineers is on the lower end of average
On average, the interview process for a software engineer at Avaya takes from 1 to 2 weeks.
Stage 1: Phone interview with hiring manager and team member
Stage 2: Onsite interview
The onsite can take from 6-8 hours, depending how many groups with which the candidate is interviewing. The interviewers are engineers and managers. The day starts with a tour of the building and then lunch. After lunch, there are several technical 45 min sessions where the discussion is about past projects and technologies used. Each interviewer wants to see how the candidate would fit in the team based on their interests and skills. At the end of the day, the candidate is asked which groups they'd most like to work on.
There is no data about the interview process for a data scientist at Avaya.
There is no data about the interview process for a product/experience/ux ui designer at Avaya.
The data about the interview process for a product manager at Avaya is limited.
It's not entirely clear which are the phases of the interview process. There is only information that the interview was in a panel with 4 interviewers in a conference call format. Each person takes turns asking questions with the purpose of gaining a view of the candidate's experience and personality.
- Pulley based problems of mechanics,
- Knowledge of C, C++, OOP concepts.
- Questions relating to blockchain.
- If you were given a large feature to complete within a certain time frame, and a couple of weeks in you realize it won't be possible to get everything delivered, what do you do?
- How would you react if a senior software engineer was questioning your decisions but you knew you were 100% correct.
- Frequency ranges of WiFi, Bluetooth Stack, Link List code using C language
- Data networking TCP/IP, Routing protocols.
- C programming (data structures, linked lists, trees).
- OS concepts (threads, malloc, etc).
- Explain protocols pf MQTT
- What is java byte code? Process scheduling reversing linked list.
- Aptitude test was based on networking, arithmetical ability and data interpretation.
- Java Questions : OOPS concept, collections, multi threading, RESTful API
- Many object oriented programming concepts.
- Computer networking related questions.
- Get area of overlapping part of two rectangles
- Knowing what we do here at this company, what skill set can you bring forward to group our team/company?
- Create a banking machine simulation
- How do you approach a problem? Do you dive into the code right away? If not, how do you prepare yourself?
- What programming languages are you most familiar with? Are you able to learn a new programming language on the fly if need be?
- How good are you when it comes to automation/scripts? Linux/Unix Administration duties?
- Multithreading, polymorphism and other OOP and Operating system concepts.
- How and why do we use pagination in hibernate?
- What do you know about Avaya Presence Server?
Avaya is a transformative force in digital communications software, services, and devices, designed for businesses of all sizes. Through our open, converged, and innovative solutions, Avaya is taking intelligent experiences to new heights for our customers, partners and their customers -- in the cloud, on-premise, or hybrid.
Avaya elevates communications to the next generation of engagement, connecting organizations to their customers, workforce and communities with secure, intelligent experiences that matter.
At Avaya, we work and play by a core set of principles that are evident in everything we do. These are simplicity, accountability, empowerment, trust, and teamwork and they are at the heart of our people-first culture.