How to Get a Job at Accenture
About this guide
These pages are meant to provide helpful information about how to get a software engineering, product manager, data science, and designer job at Accenture. Being prepared and knowledgeable is a key to every step of the hiring process. You can tab through each part of the guide to see information that can be helpful to your stage from office location for those trying to figure out if a company has a presence in your city of choice to real world interview questions. These guides contain much of the same information we have Pathrise fellows review before they apply or interview for a job with Accenture for roles including Software Developer, Mobile Developer, Software Engineer, Web Developer, Software Architect, Computer Programmer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Product Designer, UI Designer, UX Designer, Experience Designer, Web Designer, Product Manager, and Technical Product Manager and other tech, data, and product related roles. We hope you find these helpful and if you have content that you think we should add or think we got anything wrong, please email us at email@example.com and let us know.
- Accenture is a large consulting firm that works with companies and has offices all over the US & the world
- As is often the case with consulting firms, employees often work long hours with a tough work-life balance
- They do a lot of on-campus recruiting for college students (internships and full-time jobs)
- Men outnumber women 2-1 amongst software engineers at Accenture
On-campus college interviews are completed in a couple of days. They comprise of three rounds: a behavioral, technical, and confirmation. The behavioral round involves questions about working with a team, conflicts with teammates, etc. For the technical side, the questions are about OOP concepts, C language, DB, SQL and case studies with a heavy emphasis on software engineering knowledge.
For the rest of applicants, the process can take a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
Stage 1: Phone screen
The recruiter calls to make an assessment if the candidate is a match for the role and to go over background, interests, skills, etc.
Stage 2: Online technical test
The questions are basic interviewing question and some semi technical questions (SQL, java).
Stage 3: On-site interview (can be done remote if the candidate is not near)
It's basically for the manager to try and get a feel for how they would get along with the rest of the team.
In general, the process can take from 3 weeks to 3 months.
Stage 1: Phone screen with HR to discuss education, work experience, and salary expectations
Stage 2: Technical/case interview
The second interview is more a technical/business case interview establishing candidates' knowledge and command about their area of expertise. This phase can include a case study. The questions can be about Python built-in functions, knowledge in statistics, technology, past projects, and probability questions.
Stage 3: Onsite interview
Interview with the managing director to discuss the candidates' expertise and the value they can bring to the organization.
On average, the interview process for a product/experience/UX UI designer at Accenture takes couple of weeks.
Stage 1: Phone screen with recruiter
Stage 2: Phone screen with senior recruiter
Discuss the role, salary requirements, and set up the onsite interview.
Stage 3: Onsite interview
2 interviews where they review work samples from the candidate's portfolio and meet key team members with leadership positions within the group.
Stage 1: Phone screen with HR
Stage 2: Interview with PM
Basics about product management, the candidate's experience and expertise. The questions were on hypothetical situations, how to make sure the client requirements are covered, use cases etc.
Stage 3: Onsite
- Data structure questions and some OS related questions.
- How have your experiences prepared you for a client facing position?
- Calculate the degrees between both hour hand and minute when it's 3:15
- Object oriented programming
- What are web services like REST/SOAP?
- Understanding of Agile based sprint and stories.
- Checking your knowledge of front and back end full stack capabilities.
- What is inheritance?
- What is normalization and name all normalization forms?
- What would you do differently with [angular] app if you were building it now?
- Knowledge and experience with technology (asp.net, sql, html, css).
- Programming algorithms
- Specific questions based on the technologies needed for the position
- Write a code in C language such that output will be of Triangle shape.
- Nasic java and data structures, different design pattern and web application life cycle.
- What is polymorphism?
- Very basic Python questions and a high school level probability question
- Data modeling and data science questions based on provided data sets.
- Tell me about the time when you have solved a conflict at work.
- Basics of Regression models, supervised unsupervised techniques, PCA, curse of dimensionality, NLP,
- Map an organization's problem to data science - how will you solve it using data science and machine learning?
- Define the assumption of logistic regression
- What is Linear regression ?
- Give an example of a project you were proud of.
- Give an example of a time you managed conflict
- Business case problem
- What is your familiarity with statistical methods and passed projects ?
- Design a website, design a 30-second video, and a set of infographics
- Describe User reacher techniques?
- We don't allow user research - are you ok with just designing without doing research?
- Discuss your passions and interests.
- What are the design tools you use to create and communicate your design ideas?
- Are you open to design criticism from different members of a project?
- How flexible are you with travel (domestic and international)?
- If there was one obstacle or issue that you can foresee that might prevent you from hitting a deadline, what would it be?
- What are the use cases you worked on?
- What experience do you have as product manager?
- How would you describe a product manager?
- Are you able and willing to relocate?
Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.
Our core values shape the culture and define the character of our company. We live the core values through individual behaviors. They serve as a foundation in how we act and make decisions.
Fulfilling our obligation of building a better, stronger and more durable company for future generations; protecting the Accenture brand; meeting our commitments to stakeholders; acting with an owner mentality; developing our people and helping improve communities and the global environment.
Attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a 'can-do' attitude, and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
Client Value Creation
Enabling clients to become high-performance businesses and creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value.
One Global Network
Leveraging the power of global insight, relationships, collaboration, and learning to deliver exceptional service to clients wherever they do business.
Respect for the Individual
Valuing diversity and unique contributions, fostering a trusting, open and inclusive environment and treating each person in a manner that reflects Accenture's values.
Being ethically unyielding, honest, and inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviors to our words, and taking responsibility for our actions.
No data available
- Dublin 4: 3, Grand Canal Plaza, Grand Canal Street Upper, Grand Canal Dock
- Ciudad de México: 138 Cerro de Chapultepec
- Melbourne: 161 Collins St
- San Nicolas: 777 Av. Pres. Roque Sáenz Peña
- Brisbane City: 30 10 Eagle St
- Kraków: 11 Jasnogórska
- Vancouver: 2075 510 W Georgia St
- Singapore: 250 North Bridge Rd
- Tver: 37 Ulitsa Dmitriya Donskogo
- Kingston: 1 55 Wentworth Ave
- Paris: 118 Avenue de France
- Warszawa: 5A Grzybowska
- Montréal: Tour Bell Média 1800 Avenue McGill College
- Zaragoza: 31 Calle de María Zambrano
- Manchester Airport: Kingsley Hall 20 Bailey Ln
- and more..