Read through our review of Placement, a recruiting agency that helps people find a new job.
Updated in 2021
- What does Placement do?
- Who is Placement for?
- What does Placement cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Placement
- Alternatives to Placement
- How does Placement compare to Pathrise?
What does Placement do?
Placement is a recruiting agency that works with candidates on their job search. When the company started in 2019, they focused on helping people find jobs in new cities. However, now they have changed their model.
Job-seekers can use the platform to find a job anywhere in the US. They have 2 options for users. The first is Placement Plus, which gives job-seekers access to a job tracking platform, exclusive content, guides, and templates for their job search. The other option is Placement Pro. This option includes everything from Plus with the addition of a 1-on-1 career coach.
Who is Placement for?
According to their website, anyone who is looking for any type of job can use the platform.
What does Placement cost? How much work is involved?
Both options follow a subscription model. Plus, which does not include a career coach, costs $17 per month. Users who are part of this option have to pay extra for workshops.
They hide the Pro subscription pricing pretty well, but we were able to find it. It costs $250 per month and includes access to workshops in that price.
Now that they are using a subscription model, there is no application process. Users just sign up for the option they want.
Ratings and reviews
Placement has mostly positive reviews on their TrustPilot. In general, it seems like most people are reviewing the Pro option where they are working with career coaches on their job search. Otherwise, it is somewhat difficult to find reviews since their name is so common.
Alternatives to Placement
If candidates are looking for help expediting their job search, there are a few alternatives to Placement.
- Hired is a job marketplace for people looking to work in tech. Hired matches candidates with agents to help them with their search
- STELLARES uses AI to find opportunities that are good fits for the candidate.
- For software engineers, Triplebyte is a very well known alternative. Companies work directly with Triplebyte and “apply” to the candidate, rather than the other way around. There is a lengthy technical interviews before candidates are accepted into the program.
- Additionally, candidates can check out Seen by Indeed, a free candidate-company matching system, which is part of Indeed. It is available to people looking for more technical roles in tech, like software engineer and UX designer, not fringe tech roles like marketing, sales, ops, or content.
- Those in New York and San Francisco can also look into Underdog.io. This is a similar job marketplace that batches candidates based on company need.
How does Placement compare to Pathrise?
Placement is recruiting firm with a focus on finding roles for the candidate.
Pathrise is a full service organization that works with candidates through all stages of the job search to enhance their soft skills and develop strategies that can help them in the future. Rather than just find positions for fellows in our program, we teach them strategies and tools that can help them for the rest of their lives. We work with our fellows on exactly what they need help with and we never focus on specific marketplaces or cities if the fellow doesn’t want to do that.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. If you want to work with any of our mentors to get help with any other aspect of the job search, become a Pathrise fellow.