- What does STELLARES do?
- Who is STELLARES for?
- What does STELLARES cost?
- Ratings and reviews of STELLARES?
- Alternatives to STELLARES?
- How does STELLARES compare to Pathrise?
What does STELLARES do?
STELLARES is a talent-matching platform that leverages AI to bring candidates opportunities that match their skills and interests. Users create an account and text with the “AI talent agent”. This teaches the AI what the candidate wants. Then, candidates are presented with one position at a time. They can only receive a maximum of 5 roles. If the opening is of interest to the candidate, STELLARES facilitates an introduction to the team.
Who is STELLARES for?
The platform currently works with software engineers, data scientists, UX designers, and product managers who are looking for jobs in tech. Candidates must have background experience and skills before they are accepted into the platform, similar to Triplebyte.
What does STELLARES cost? How much work is involved?
For candidates, STELLARES is free. They are paid by the companies that work with them. People need to fill out an application where they answer a few questions. Their field, status in the job search (actively looking, open to opportunities, not open), and their location are the main points. They also need to create a profile by providing their online profile links, blog or website, and a personal statement. They explain that adding this additional information, while optional, helps them match you more successfully.
Ratings and reviews
There are no reviews online of STELLARES. So, it is hard to say if they have received good or bad results for candidates. On their website, they include positive testimonials and some statistics for employers. From their employer page, it seems like candidates request to meet teams 42% of the time and teams request to meet candidates 60% of the time. It is unclear what happens after candidates receive their fifth opportunity, since they say on the website that is the maximum.
Alternatives to STELLARES
- For software engineers interested in a job-matching platform, Triplebyte is probably the most well known alternative. After a pretty lengthy application process, Triplebyte connects candidates with companies that fit their interests. In addition, candidate skip the technical interviews.
- Hired is another alternative. Similar to STELLARES, they connect candidates who are interested in other technical positions beyond software engineering to companies.
- Placement is also a new alternative. They are a recruiting agency that focuses on helping people find jobs in different cities. Placement utilizes an income share agreement in which candidates pay 10% of their monthly income for 18 or 36 months after finding a job.
- Additionally, candidates can check out Seen by Indeed, a free candidate-company matching system, which is part of Indeed.
How does STELLARES compare to Pathrise?
STELLARES is a opportunity-matching platform for people with experience looking for technical roles in software engineering, UX design, data science, and product management. They do not provide any technical or behavioral interview help to their users in the program. In addition, STELLARES is free for the candidate. So, they can only be matched with companies who pay to be on the platform.
Pathrise is a full service organization. We work with candidates through all stages of the job search. We help candidates find the best possible opportunities for them. Then, we support them as they optimize their resumes and online profiles, prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, and negotiate to ensure they end up with compensation that is above industry average. We represent the candidates, which means that we can help connect them with any and all companies. Plus, we never cap the number of opportunities candidates can find.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, we’ve seen our fellows receive 3x as many responses to their applications and their interview scores double.
If you want to work with any of our mentors 1-on-1 to get help with your any aspect of your job search, become a Pathrise fellow.