- What does Coding Temple do?
- Who is Coding Temple for?
- What does Coding Temple cost?
- How do you join Coding Temple?
- Ratings and reviews of Coding Temple
- Alternatives to Coding Temple
- How does Coding Temple compare to Pathrise?
What does Coding Temple do?
Coding Temple is a Python data science and web development bootcamp with online and onsite courses in Dallas and Chicago. The online bootcamp, which is only available for the data science course, utilizes the same curriculum as onsite. All of the bootcamps offered by Coding Temple last 10 weeks.
The Python + data science bootcamp teaches the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications using Python and Django. According to the course description, students should expect time spent on homework review, discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts taught in the course are HTTP, databases, libraries, frameworks, DRY code, and design patterns. The onsite Python course is full-time Monday-Friday and the online course takes place from 5:30-9:30pm CST Monday-Friday.
For students looking to learn web development, the full stack web dev bootcamp teaches .NET and C#, specifically focusing on a set of mature technologies created and maintained by Microsoft, as well as several open-source libraries. The languages covered in this course consistently rank as some of the most-popular and in-demand across several different indexes. In class, students participate in lectures on new technologies and reviews of the fundamentals. While working on projects, students in the course will be by themselves as well as partnered up for pair programming.
In both subjects, students participate in a capstone project that will highlight what they have learned as well as act as a project for their resume and portfolio. Students should also expect some pre-work where they will learn about coding fundamentals before they join any of the bootcamps offered by Coding Temple.
Who is Coding Temple for?
In the admissions process, Coding Temple looks for students who demonstrate a level of aptitude that will allow them to succeed. Like most bootcamps, students need to work hard to be successful.
What does Coding Temple cost?
Both onsite bootcamps cost $12,995 and the online bootcamp costs $9,000. They offer some scholarships of $500 for women in tech, veterans, and college grads who are continuing their education.
How do you join Coding Temple?
In order to join the program, there are a few steps:
- Step 1: Students must first complete an application for the program.
- Step 2: After the application is reviewed, they participate in a call with the Coding Temple admissions team.
- Step 3: Then, they have an instructor interview and technical assessment.
- Step 4: Finally, students discuss payment and financing options.
Once they are accepted into the program, participants in all bootcamps are expected to complete approximately 60 hours of work prior to the first in-class session. This pre-work consists of several videos as well as practice problems. They recommend that participants budget approximately 20 hours per week for 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the course to complete this work.
Ratings and reviews
The reviews online of Coding Temple are mainly positive. They are on SwitchUp’s list of best bootcamps. On CourseReport, students felt like they learned a lot and they were impressed by their results. They especially liked how small the cohorts were (6-10 people) and felt like their instructors were very knowledgeable. Other than on CourseReport and SwitchUp, there are not many other reviews online for Coding Temple.
Alternatives to Coding Temple
As a bootcamp with a focus on software engineering, there are a fair number of alternatives:
- One of the most well known bootcamps is General Assembly, which offers full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on a variety of topics like software engineering, data science, UX design, digital marketing, product management, and more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Hack Reactor and App Academy both offer online and on-campus courses for their software engineering bootcamp.
- Codeacademy teaches online courses in computer science and coding for free and also offers membership that are around $20-$40 per month.
- Lambda School is a 9 month bootcamp that offers courses in software engineering, UX design, data science, and iOS development. Students at Lambda School can defer payment through an ISA.
- The Tech Academy is an online and onsite bootcamp that helps people learn the technical skills necessary to land a job as a (junior) software developer or data scientist.
- Offering a variety of diploma programs, certificate courses, and other training, BrainStation is for students who are looking to pivot into a new career in data science, UX/UI design, development, and product management.
- For people with an interest in data science, Metis has part-time introduction courses as well as onsite and online bootcamp options. Learn more about Metis in our review.
- RMOTR is an online platform with courses for people to learn the fundamentals of Python for web development and data science.
- You can check out Udacity and Springboard, which are online educational platforms that students can use to brush up on the basics or advance their current tech skills. Read more about Udacity and Springboard in our reviews.
- Students can also check out Coursera, which provides free and low-cost college courses from $29 all the way to $25,000.
- Udemy, which is an online learning platform with over 100,000 online video courses in a wide variety of topics, allows students to pick & choose classes, often paying around $10 per class.
How does Coding Temple compare to Pathrise?
Coding Temple is a bootcamp, with courses for people who are interested in learning how to become a software engineer. At Pathrise, job-seekers in our program should already have a background in the field they are interested in so that they can participate in and fully benefit from our technical workshops, where we provide a more specific curriculum based on what they will see in their interviews.
All of our workshops and sessions at Pathrise are live, as well as recorded, so that job-seekers in our program can review them afterwards and continue learning. Our program is flexible, with only 4 hours of group sessions per week and 1-on-1 sessions that can be scheduled whenever job-seekers need them. It is also completely personalized to work on the specific skills that people struggle with the most.
Specifically, Pathrise focuses on technical and behavioral interviewing as well as resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building and strengthening, cold email and reverse recruiting lessons, and negotiation templates and guidance. Job-seekers in Pathrise find a job, on average, within 3-5 months of joining the program. The Pathrise income share agreement is just 9% of their first year’s salary.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. If you want to work with any of our mentors to get help with your technical and behavioral interviews or with any other aspect of the job search, join Pathrise.