Hi, I’m Brian, a former senior software engineer and now industry mentor at Pathrise. I have worked with hundreds of software engineers to help them land their dream jobs in tech. Check out my review of TutorialsTeacher.
- What does TutorialsTeacher do?
- Who is TutorialsTeacher for?
- What does TutorialsTeacher cost?
- Ratings and reviews of TutorialsTeacher
- Alternatives to TutorialsTeacher
- How does TutorialsTeacher compare to Pathrise?
What does TutorialsTeacher do?
Who is TutorialsTeacher for?
Beginner and intermediate software engineers who are looking to learn new languages from scratch could benefit from TutorialsTeacher. While TutorialsTeacher is a good tool for learning key concepts and rules, they do not provide instruction, a discussion forum, or hands-on projects.
What does TutorialsTeacher cost? How much work is involved?
TutorialsTeacher is free. Moreover, users do not need to create an account to start learning from the tutorials.
Ratings and reviews
While there are not too many reviews online, TutorialsTeacher is well known as a resource for learning C#.
Stactify included TutorialsTeacher on their list of 30 best C# tutorials. Likewise, CodeCondo listed TutoriualsTeacher on their list of 15 resources to learn C# programming for beginners, while Digital Defynd featured the program on their 10 best free C# courses & certifications.
One Reddit user included TutorialsTeacher as one of his “favorite guides” for learning C#. Similarly, well known software engineer Vaskaran Sarcar listed TutorialsTeacher as a resource for learning C# in his book, Interactive C#: Fundamentals, Core Concepts and Patterns.
Alternatives to TutorialsTeacher
If you decide not to use TutorialsTeacher’s exercises, there are a number of alternatives that teach programming languages.
- For example, you can check out the full-time tech bootcamp Kenzie Academy. They offer both in-person and online courses in full-stack software engineering & UX design and front-end engineering. Learn more about Kenzie Academy in our review.
- Similarly, Fullstack Academy, devCodeCamp, Redwood Code Academy, and Code Fellows teach part-time and full-time programs on software engineering.
- Another well-known bootcamp is General Assembly. They have full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on topics like software engineering, data science, UX design, product management, and much more. Read more about General Assembly in our review.
- Flatiron School is a bootcamp that teaches courses on software engineering, UX design, and more. Plus, students can choose part-time or full-time options, both on-campus or online.
- Likewise, Prime Digital Academy has full-time and part-time courses in UX design and software engineering.
- Alternatively, students can look into online learning platforms like edX. They have courses from top universities like Harvard and MIT as well as big tech companies like Microsoft. Learn more about edX in our review.
- Aspiring web developers can also check out Bloc, which has courses in web development as well as web design.
- Similarly, the bootcamp BrainStation offers courses in web development, web design, data science, marketing, and product management.
- Or, consider Launch Academy, which has full-time software engineering courses in Boston and online. In the same vein, Zip Code Wilmington has software engineering and data science courses online or in Delaware.
- You can also check out Bubble no-code bootcamps to learn how to make products without coding. Learn more about Bubble in our review.
- Lambda School has 9-month courses in web development and data science. In addition, students can finance their education with an income share agreement (ISA).
- Similarly, Holberton School and Thinkful offer software engineering courses with an ISA option.
- Another option is Grand Circus, which teaches courses on Java, front-end, and C# .NET. Their campuses are in Michigan, but they also offer online options.
- Or, consider Kal Academy, which works with women and underrepresented groups on software engineering, web dev, and data.
- Likewise, Tech Elevator is a software engineering bootcamp with online and on-campus options.
- Those looking for online learning platforms can consider Springboard and Udacity, which both host thousands of courses on a variety of tech subjects. Learn more about Springboard and Udacity in our reviews.
- Likewise, students looking for lower-cost courses should check out Simplilearn, Treehouse, and Pluralsight as well.
- Codecademy is one of the most popular coding programs online. They provide free courses on many different programming languages. In addition, they also offer membership options ranging from $20 to $40 per month for more course options and greater support. Learn more about Codecademy in our review.
- Finally, students on a budget may also consider Udemy, which has affordable video courses on web development and mobile development. Individual classes cost around $10 each.
How does TutorialsTeacher compare to Pathrise?
TutorialsTeacher is a useful tool for aspiring and current software engineers looking to brush up on the basics or learn a new language from scratch. However, they do not provide access to a discussion board, 1-on-1 instruction, or job-seeking resources of any kind.
Pathrise is a full service organization that works with software engineers on every step of the job search to help them land the best job possible. In addition, we place a big focus on preparing for technical interviews by providing workshops, 1-on-1 mentoring, and pair programming sessions. We also assist fellows with resume and LinkedIn optimization, portfolio building, behavioral interview preparation, salary negotiation, and more.
Because advancing technical skills and learning new languages is an important aspect of landing a job as a software engineer, fellows in our program can use TutorialsTeacher, as well as our technical workshops, to deepen their programming knowledge.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, we’ve seen our fellows interview performance scores double.
If you are interested in optimizing your job search by working 1-on-1 with a mentor, become a Pathrise fellow.