- What does Rooftop Slushie do?
- Who is Rooftop Slushie for?
- What does Rooftop Slushie cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Rooftop Slushie
- Alternatives to Rooftop Slushie
- How does Rooftop Slushie compare to Pathrise?
What does Rooftop Slushie do?
Rooftop Slushie is a new platform where job-seekers can ask questions and employees answer them. Users sign up for free and can peruse the public questions that have already been asked and answered.
If you want to ask your own question, then you must “post a project.” First, you decide if your question is public or private as well as who should answer the question – one professional or many. You can designate specific people or leave it open. Next, you set a deadline to let the professionals know when you need your response. Finally, you set your price. You can set the price at any number you deem fit, but the higher the number, the more likely professionals will spend time and energy on your question. Once answered, you pay the professional for their response.
Professionals are anonymous but verified by Rooftop Slushie to ensure that they are providing accurate information. In order to become verified, they must provide information about their current role and company. In addition, before being paid, their responses are reviewed for length and accuracy. Rooftop Slushie takes a 30% fee before paying the professionals via PayPal.
Rooftop Slushie is owned by Blind, which is a similar service in which people can anonymously communicate in private company channels and openly with users across industries to talk about many topics.
Who is Rooftop Slushie for?
The majority of the questions being asked on Rooftop Slushie relate to the application and interview processes at tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon, so their audience is mainly job-seekers in tech.
What does Rooftop Slushie cost? How much work is involved?
Users who want to ask questions on Rooftop Slushie can decide the price, though they recommend taking into account that if the offering is too low, professionals likely will not answer the question at length or at all. The average price per question as of December 2019 is $34 per question.
Ratings and reviews
Rooftop Slushie is a very new platform, so there are not a lot of reviews online. On a Reddit post, some people comment that much of the information provided on the site is closed and that some of the answers are too general.
Alternatives to Rooftop Slushie
- The Muse is a very well known alternative to Rooftop Slushie. An aggregation of resources relating to career growth and advancement, they have a robust blog with articles for people who are looking for help in any aspect of their career, from job-seeking through hiring, firing, and leadership. Their posts are pretty generally focused, though they provide examples and templates.
- People looking for information on specific company interview processes and questions can also look at Glassdoor. Through employee and candidate reviews, Glassdoor provides information on company culture, salaries, interview questions, benefits, and office photos. They also have job postings by city and title.
- Korn Ferry Advance is also an alternative to Rooftop Slushie. A fairly new career coaching subscription service, FK Advance helps candidates with all aspects of their career, from resume to promotions.
How does Rooftop Slushie compare to Pathrise?
Rooftop Slushie provides people with responses to specific questions concerning their job search. Users pay by question and wait a few days before hearing back from the professionals.
Pathrise is a full service organization, working with candidates through all stages of the job search, with a focus on positions in tech. Fellows work with a mentor that is specific to their industry (software engineering, product design, product management, strategy, and operations) as well as a career mentor in 1-on-1 sessions.
Specifically, we work with candidates on optimizing their resumes and online profiles and preparing for technical and behavioral interviews, as well as negotiation tactics for offers. Through workshops, technical peer assessments, and our forum, fellows get an opportunity to meet and collaborate with people like them. We represent the candidates, which means that we can help connect them with any and all companies.
Pathrise doesn’t charge anything up front, so when you are looking for your first job or when you are in between positions, you never need to worry about money until you are hired and working again. Fellows can interact with their mentors as much as they need to (within reason) and our scheduling is extremely flexible, meaning they can get help at the exact time that they need it. In addition, all Pathrise mentors are equally experienced and are specifically matched with fellows based on their needs.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that works with students and professionals 1-on-1 so they can land their dream job in tech. With our tips and guidance, our fellows have seen their applications responses triple and their interview performance scores double.
If you want to work with any of our mentors 1-on-1 to get help with your technical interviews or with any other aspect of the job search, become a Pathrise fellow.