Hi, I’m Polina! Formerly, I worked as a senior digital marketing manager and now I am the marketing mentor at Pathrise. I help job-seekers prepare for their future in digital marketing. Check out my review of Palm Beach Code School.
- What does Palm Beach Code School do?
- Who is Palm Beach Code School for?
- What does Palm Beach Code School cost?
- Ratings and reviews of Palm Beach Code School
- Alternatives to Palm Beach Code School
- How does Palm Beach Code School compare to Pathrise?
What does Palm Beach Code School do?
Palm Beach Code School is a tech bootcamp that teaches people the skills they need to launch a new career as a web developer or digital marketer. Their class sizes are small, allowing for lots of personalized support and mentoring. Students participate in live lectures, hands-on assignments, and group exercises throughout the program. In addition, they build portfolio projects that they can use when applying for roles at the end of the course. While the program usually meets in-person at their Palm Beach campus, it is currently operating remotely due to Covid-19.
Web development students can choose between taking 8 weeks of day classes or 16 weeks of night classes. Both cover the same curriculum. Students who choose day classes meet Monday-Thursday from 9:30am to 1pm for 8 weeks. Night classes meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 10pm for 16 weeks.
The social media marketing bootcamp is part-time and runs for 16 weeks. Live classes meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 10pm. Students learn to market businesses using social media and other digital marketing strategies. The curriculum covers in-demand social media advertising tools like Facebook ads, Instagram, and Snapchat. Students also work hands-on with WordPress as they develop their own custom websites and improve their SEO ranking. Understanding analytics, metrics, and reporting are also key parts of the curriculum.
Throughout the course, students create campaigns for mock companies that can be added to their professional portfolios and help them become a digital marketer. The final project tracks the results of all their campaigns to give them a sense of their progress.
Who is Palm Beach Code School for?
People looking to launch a new career as a web developer or digital marketer could benefit from Palm Beach Code School. Their program is especially helpful for people who want to break into the South Florida job market and for those seeking a hands-on learning experience with small class sizes. Students who want short live lectures with a practical, part-time curriculum could also be a good fit.
What does Palm Beach Code School cost? How much work is involved?
Tuition for the social media marketing course is $4,650. Both the 8-week daytime and the 16-week nighttime web dev courses cost $4,990.
The application process begins with a brief form. Candidates then move on to a simple 25 question assessment. If an applicant doesn’t pass, they can take a “PRIMER” workshop that teaches the coding basics they’ll need for the web dev course.
Ratings and reviews
Palm Beach Code School does not have too many online reviews, but so far the reception has been positive. The program holds a perfect 5/5 star rating on Course Report based on just 1 review, where they are listed among the best bootcamps in Palm Beach. One grad described their instructors as “personally invested in my success” and appreciated that the practical “curriculum was chosen specifically to suit the needs of the South Florida job market.”
The bootcamp holds a 4.8/5 star rating on Google Reviews, where grads praised the program for the hands-on, practical curriculum and supportive environment. Although some grads warned that the “course is not easy” they felt the “instructors help with every step of the way” to make sure nobody falls behind. The program also holds a perfect rating on Facebook based on just one 5 star review. Overall, grads seem satisfied with the bootcamp’s supportive environment and practical curriculum, though some may have preferred a less intense experience with more formal career services.
Alternatives to Palm Beach Code School
If you decide not to enroll in Palm Beach Code School, there are a number of alternative courses and resources to help aspiring web developers and digital marketers launch new careers.
- The well-known tech bootcamp General Assembly teaches full-time, part-time, and 1-day courses on tech topics like software engineering, digital marketing, and more. Their program features 19,000+ hiring partners, a hands-on curriculum, and a 91.4% job placement. Learn more about General Assembly in our review.
- Similarly, BrainStation offers courses in full stack web dev, digital marketing, and many other tech topics. Like Palm Beach Code School, BrainStation emphasizes project-based learning with lots of 1-on-1 support. Their hiring partners include Facebook, Google, and more.
- Another well-known bootcamp, Fullstack Academy runs part-time and full-time software programs for aspiring software engineers. Like Palm Beach Code School, Fullstack Academy offers an intense experience with a hands-on curriculum.
- Aspiring web developers can look into CodeX Academy, a self-paced coding bootcamp with 1-on-1 mentorship opportunities. Read more about CodeX Academy in our program review.
- Similarly, the remote program Bloc hosts online self-paced courses in web development and web design, with real-time instructor feedback, a project-based curriculum, and weekly 1-on-1 meetings with mentors.
- Students seeking self-paced learning can also look into Springboard. This online educational resource helps people launch a career in a wide variety of tech fields, including software development. If grads don’t land a tech job within 6 months, they get a full refund. Read more about Springboard in our review.
- The full-time tech bootcamp Kenzie Academy teaches in-person and online courses in 2 tracks: full-stack software engineering & UX design and front-end engineering. They offer an income share agreement (ISA) so students don’t pay until they land a tech job that pays at least $40k. Learn more about Kenzie Academy in our review.
- Aspiring digital marketers and designers can look into GrowthX Academy. Their 8-week bootcamp includes hands-on exercises, quizzes, and 1-on-1 mentoring meetings.
- Students seeking 1-on-1 mentorship with deferred payment options can check out Thinkful. They teach bootcamps in software engineering, digital marketing, and more. Students meet with mentors as they build portfolio projects. An income share agreement (ISA) is available so students only pay after they land a tech job.
- Similarly, Codeup offers full-time and part-time courses in web dev and data science with a job guarantee.
- The hugely popular Codecademy platform hosts free hands-on coding courses. Students can learn web development, dozens of programming languages, and even data science. They offer $20-40 monthly membership options for greater course options and more support. Learn more about Codeacademy in our review.
- Students seeking affordable learning with 1-on-1 mentoring can look into Udacity. They offer free intro courses, as well as paid “nanodegree” programs for a more intense experience with greater support. Topics include both web development and digital marketing. Nanodegree students meet 1-on-1 with both a technical mentor and a career coach as they build projects. Read more about Udacity in our reviews.
- People interested in university courses can check out edX. Their platform hosts thousands of self-paced university courses from top schools like Harvard and MIT, and even top tech companies like Microsoft. Students can choose to focus on fundamentals or take a deep dive into specific topics, like web development or digital marketing with social media. Read more about edX in our review.
How does Palm Beach Code School compare to Pathrise?
Palm Beach Code School is a bootcamp that teaches people the skills they need to start new careers as web developers or digital marketers. While applicants take an assessment and possibly an introductory workshop, their curriculum is still designed for beginners. Pathrise job-seekers should already have a background in their chosen field so they can get the most out of our technical curriculum.
Pathrise is a career accelerator that helps people land their dream tech job. Our mentors have helped 800+ fellows land great jobs by helping all phases of the job search including resume and portfolio optimization, reverse recruiting, cold emailing, technical and behavioral interviewing, and salary negotiation. The curriculum is customizable and tailored to the individual needs of each fellow, focusing on whatever areas they need to improve.
Although Palm Beach Code School isn’t exactly full-time, their program can be intense with lots of projects and a speedy pace. The Pathrise program is flexible, with only 2-4 hours of group sessions per week and fellows can schedule 1-on-1 sessions as needed. Our program offers a 9% income share agreement (ISA) so fellows pay nothing until they land a great tech job. We never require deposits or upfront payments.
Pathrise optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentorship and personalized training. With our tips and guidance, program fellows have seen their interview scores double and their application responses triple. If you are interested in working with our mentors to land your dream job faster, join Pathrise.