Hi, I’m Brian, a former senior software engineer and now software engineering mentor at Pathrise. I have worked with hundreds of job-seekers to optimize their job search and get results like 3x more responses to their applications, 2x higher interview scores, and 10-20% increases in compensation through negotiation alone. Check out this article to learn more about the interviews.tech platform, costs, and student reviews.
- What does interviews.tech do?
- Who is interviews.tech for?
- What does interviews.tech cost?
- Ratings and reviews of interviews.tech
- Alternatives to interviews.tech
- How does interviews.tech compare to Pathrise?
What does interviews.tech do?
interviews. tech is a platform that pairs job seekers with experienced tech mentors for mock interviews in product management, marketing, and software engineering. Their current mentors have experience working at top companies like Facebook and Google.
First, job seekers select a mentor who fits their preparation needs. While most mentors have product management experience, marketing and software engineering mentors are also available. Job seekers then meet with their chosen mentor for a 1-hour mock interview.
The platform’s mock interviews use popular questions from real interviews, simulating real phone screens and on-site interviews. When the mock interview ends, mentors send a detailed assessment of the job seeker’s performance and how they can improve. Feedback also includes personalized tips to help the job seeker best position themselves for the job search. The platform recommends at least 5 mock interviews with different mentors to fully prepare for upcoming interviews.
Who is interviews.tech for?
Aspiring product managers, marketers, and software engineers who are seeking mock interviews could benefit from interviews.tech. The short mock interviews on demand could be a good fit for busy professionals. Mentors carefully assess job seekers after every mock interview, with detailed suggestions for improvements. The extensive feedback makes the platform a good match for job seekers who want advice from a mentor rather than just participating in mock interviews.
What does interviews.tech cost? How much work is involved?
A 1-hour mentoring session costs $250. Job seekers can also buy 5 sessions together for $1,000, lowering the cost per session to $200.
Ratings and reviews
As a relatively new program, interviews.tech does not have many online reviews. However, the platform holds a 5 star rating on Product Hunt. One user praised the “very strong concept in today’s workforce reality.” However, they also wished the platform would “add a video or interactive tool to show target audience how it is used.” One Product Hunt user commented, “I love the idea but the pricing might be high for students.” Another agreed that “the prices mentioned for the services are a bit too high for the people who are trying to get their first jobs. Otherwise it is a much needed service to showcase how good you can perform by enhancing your interview skills to convey the best of you.” Overall, most users seemed impressed with the platform, though some were critical of the interface and pricing.
Alternatives to interviews.tech
If you choose not to book a mentoring session on interviews.tech, there are a number of other programs that offer technical interview training and practice.
- Aspiring software engineers who want to prepare with mock interviews can check out Interviewing.io. The platform pairs users with FAANG engineers for mock interviews and extensive feedback. Find out if Interviewing.io is right for your career goals in our review.
- Similarly, the online interview resources Pramp and Gainlo both pair aspiring software engineers with their peers or anonymous engineers for mock interviews.
- Students looking for practice technical interview-type questions, Leetcode could be a good choice. However, they do not provide mock interviews.
- The study tool Tech Mock Interview pairs aspiring software engineers with expert FAANG interviewers for mock interviews. Like interviews.tech, once the interview ends, the interviewer discusses the user’s performance and offers written feedback to help them improve.
- HackerRank also hosts technical interview questions on topics such as software engineering, data science, and even UX/UI design.
- Aspiring software engineers looking for interview prep can look into Interview Cake. Like Interview Camp, their program focuses on understanding the right way to think about and solve technical interview questions. Questions include a detailed solution breakdown, a gotcha list of common mistakes, and a “what we learned” section to help users review. Learn more about Interview Cake in our review.
- The user-generated platform Codewars hosts challenges written by the community for effective technical interview prep.
- Learneroo hosts practice technical questions that often come up in interviews. Like Interview Camp, their program is free to try. Users can upgrade to a paid membership for greater access to materials.
- Similarly, Codebasil hosts interview questions written by software engineers at top tech companies like Facebook, Apple, and Amazon.
- The paid interview prep platform AlgoExpert hosts 150 common data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving questions that span 14 categories and 5 difficulty levels. The experience is hands-on: users can write in 7 different languages, using an in-browser coding window to write and run code instantly.
How does interviews.tech compare to Pathrise?
interviews.tech’s mentors meet with job seekers for mock interviews and offer personalized feedback. However, the platform does not offer any technical training or help with the job search.
Pathrise optimizes the job search through 1-on-1 mentoring and technical training. Our technical curriculum teaches fellows to ace interviews by working through mock interviews, providing feedback, and optimizing their strategies. Meanwhile, our career mentors work 1-on-1 with fellows on resume and portfolio optimization, cold emailing, behavioral interviewing, negotiation, and more. Our experienced mentors have already helped 1,000+ students and professionals land great tech jobs, usually in just 3-5 months.
Mock interviews can be extremely helpful for job seekers as the practice builds job seekers’ skills and confidence. We recommend aspiring product managers, marketers, and software engineers practice as often as possible. Unlike interviews.tech, Pathrise utilizes an income share agreement (ISA), so fellows don’t pay anything until they land a job they love and start working.
Pathrise helps people land their dream job in tech. Fellows in our program see their interview scores skyrocket and their application responses soar, all without paying a cent. If you want to work with any of our mentors to land your dream job faster, join Pathrise.